What?
Nice infinite recursion of blur there. Laughing I see that you got the skin you were mentioning in the Hilarious Images topic.
Too bad you have an iSuck.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Too bad you have an iSuck.
GOOD SIR, IT IMBUES ME WITH THE GREATEST DISTRESS TO NOTE THAT YOUR MOBILE COMMUNICATIONS DEVICE IS MANUFACTURED BY THE LOWLY AND DESPICABLE APPLE COMPUTERS INCORPORATED, AND THAT IN LIGHT OF ITS PALTRY "I" PREFIX DESERVES THE UTMOST SCORN AND ANGER FROM ME.
appletard
qazz42 wrote:
appletard
Between calling comicIDIOT an "appletard" and me a "censoring tardmuffin", you're quickly turning into a mini-Nikky. You must resist the Dark Side!

So comicIDIOT, returning momentarily to the topic at hand, why would you even want your iPhone/Pod to look like a Leica? For the non-photographically-inclined among us, I'd love to hear about what's so great about them.
I don't even know myself. But having my phone skinned to look like it's a vintage camera - while it most certainly isn't, but I'll get to that. Leica's also used cloth shutters rather than the metal shutters in all - if not most - cameras today. Cloth shutters were rated/tested to 400,000 cycles while metal are rated/tested to 150,000.

Leica's are also pretty expensive. Running you about 6 grand for the 10.3MP "real" version.

As far as this being Apple Related, while it is an Apple product in the first post, you most certainly can do this for your phone! Provided there is a template for it somewhere on the web and you have the patience and experience to photoshop a stock image to fit your phone or if you have the patience to wait for somebody else.
Kerm, I called you tardmuffin to make fun of nikky by imitation

also, meh, I dont like apple, the 64 bit version of Itunes really crashed my computer everytime I opened it....
And what bit-depth is your OS?
qazz42 wrote:

also, meh, I dont like apple, the 64 bit version of Itunes really crashed my computer everytime I opened it....
You shouldn't be using iTunes at all; I feel like it's a very tenacious and spyware-like program.

@comicIDIOT: So Leica is the Apple of cameras, then? People overpay but they're not really sure why? Wink
I can see that. Leica's are also made with real leather and heavier metal (not aluminium or magnesium like some DSLR's). So that's a contributing factor I'd imagine.

But, if you really want to over pay you switch to Hasselblad. Running you 3k for a body, 13k for a "back" (censor) and a good cost for the lens. You can buy a completed unit for 30k or so.

But, you really do get what you pay for!

Quote:
When adding the unique multi shot technology to the renowned H3DII-39 the resulting camera is H3DII-39MS. It further refines the high-end DSLR cameras from Hasselblad by complementing the H3DII with multi shot functionality: the ultimate choice for still life studio photography. Your benefit is the images that exhibit a level of sharpness, resolution and color fidelity that you have to experience to believe. The multi shot technology realizes the capture of still life subjects with all details represented in true detail and color resolution. By capturing a sequence of 4 shots, each offset by a one pixel increment, every point on your set is rendered with its true red, green and blue color components. In this way, true detail and true color are acquired without interpolation of any kind. For stills photography it simply does not get better. The H3DII-39MS can at any time perform normal single-shot mode photography too. The H3DII-39MS represents the 4th generation of the Hasselblad H-system, the ultimate high-end DSLR camera system. The H3DII-39MS brings all the advantages of a truly integrated DSLR to the large sensor format, enabling all photographic parameters to be optimized and resulting in an unsurpassed level of image quality. The H3DII-39MS provides improved controls and functionality, better sensor cooling, a more intuitive user interface, and a bright, 3” display. The large format light channel provided by the H3DII and the H system lenses enables the use of one of the largest image sensors currently available more than twice the size of even the largest camera sensors. These sensors hold more and larger pixels, ensuring ultra sharp images without gradation break-ups in even the finest lit surfaces.

So, as a photgrapher (still life or landscape) those things are priceless in the eyes but are something to dream about with the wallet Neutral
qazz42 wrote:

*cough* http://www.mediaconverter.org/ *cough* Wink

Nice comicIDIOT Smile And wow, that camera is pretty expensive x.x
@ComicIDIOT: Well, with my knowledge of how CCD *sensors work, the one-pixel offset certainly makes a ton of sense, but I think it would be the rare professional photographer to whom that extra trueness of color would be work thirty thousand dollars. I'm sure there are cameras for one-thirtieth the price that have large sensors for maximum light capture that do probably at least 90% as good of a job for 3.3% of the price.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours