Is there any way to get all of the Axe hex data that SC produces and put it into a string variable? Or is there a way to make a program for that? Or am I stupid and it's been done already?
Raylin wrote:
Is there any way to get all of the Axe hex data that SC produces and put it into a string variable? Or is there a way to make a program for that? Or am I stupid and it's been done already?
Well, I suppose you could just copy it into the editor, save as a .8xp, send it to your calc, then just Rcl that into a string...
Very Happy Very Happy

I love you, Kerm. nohomo
Raylin wrote:
Very Happy Very Happy

I love you, Kerm. nohomo
My pleasure. I'll admit that it's not the most elegant, though; one of these days I should give SourceCoder the power to export .8xs variables.
^++ This.
Raylin wrote:
^++ This.
What about everyone else? Would you have an interest in that function, or is there no point?
I'm game.
KermMartian wrote:
Raylin wrote:
Very Happy Very Happy

I love you, Kerm. nohomo
My pleasure. I'll admit that it's not the most elegant, though; one of these days I should give SourceCoder the power to export .8xs variables.
It might become handy in the future, although personally I could simply recall a program.
ACagliano wrote:
I'm game.
Sure, you're game, but how often exactly do you feel you would realistically use such a feature?
I doubt I'll ever use it personally. The Nspire picture thing I use periodically, but not like every day. And considering I do barely any Axe stuff involving pictures... yeah
_player1537 wrote:
I doubt I'll ever use it personally. The Nspire picture thing I use periodically, but not like every day. And considering I do barely any Axe stuff involving pictures... yeah
Yeah, I sorta feel that way too; I can see copying and pasting the hex from SourceCoder's image feature into its code-editing feature, but I see less applicability for direct exporting to a string, so I think I'll probably not bother.
Now, I would still like string output. Simply because, if one tries to make a dictionary (or more likely, spell checker) and it uses a 13k string to store words, putting a program on your calculator that is 13k to store the data to a string, it would take up all your ram and give you a pretty error.
_player1537 wrote:
Now, I would still like string output. Simply because, if one tries to make a dictionary (or more likely, spell checker) and it uses a 13k string to store words, putting a program on your calculator that is 13k to store the data to a string, it would take up all your ram and give you a pretty error.
Hmmm, interesting point, I wonder how that could work... You're right, that really wouldn't work at all. Although I should mention that with a minimum of four and a maximum of 11 careful edits in a hex editor (depending on the length of the program's name) a .8xp file can be converted to a .8xs file of the same size. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours