WhiteValkery wrote:
um....

bump now?
Thanks for the bump. Smile DCS 6.8b deadline is August 1, DCS 6.9b + SDK deadline is August 14, DCS7.0 RC 1 + SDK + Manual deadline is August 21. I need to start learning the coursework for my honors algorithms course. I am trying to debug a distributed MPI-based/Piccolo-based distributed face classifier I wrote over the last several weeks. I help out with IT/telecomm stuff at school many evenings. My girlfriend is leaving for a year-long study abroad in 5 days.

Don't quite have the free time yet. Smile
bump XD
KermMartian wrote:
WhiteValkery wrote:
um....

bump now?
Thanks for the bump. Smile DCS 6.8b deadline is August 1, DCS 6.9b + SDK deadline is August 14, DCS7.0 RC 1 + SDK + Manual deadline is August 21. I need to start learning the coursework for my honors algorithms course. I am trying to debug a distributed MPI-based/Piccolo-based distributed face classifier I wrote over the last several weeks. I help out with IT/telecomm stuff at school many evenings. My girlfriend is leaving for a year-long study abroad in 5 days.

Don't quite have the free time yet. Smile

A year long study? Awww, poor Kerm
It occurred to me that an even earlier to-do item for me is a lightweight, mobile version of the site, both to present to crawlers and to allow me to access Cemetech more easily from my phone.
KermMartian wrote:
It occurred to me that an even earlier to-do item for me is a lightweight, mobile version of the site, both to present to crawlers and to allow me to access Cemetech more easily from my phone.

yeah... why dont we do that one first then Smile
Sounds like it would make a great alternative for my netbook too, although I'd still like to hold over every iPhone user I meet that it can view full web pages just fine...
DShiznit wrote:
Sounds like it would make a great alternative for my netbook too, although I'd still like to hold over every iPhone user I meet that it can view full web pages just fine...
Hehe, more like iPhony, amirite? But to be sure, a lightweight theme would be nice, and any user would surely be allowed to switch their theme to the lightweight one if they so chose.
well... what ever we are doing, we should start soon, since i will be extremely busy again when school starts...

so i wont be able to do anything at all by then... :/
WhiteValkery wrote:
well... what ever we are doing, we should start soon, since i will be extremely busy again when school starts...

so i wont be able to do anything at all by then... :/
Would it be possible for you to draw up a few ideas, say for the front page of the site, that would appropriate for a mobile device? Ideally the markup would be very simple, probably not have the server status thing, probably have a very simplified SAX if any, much simpler header, etc?
ok... i wont be able to do it anymore... Sad
things are starting to get busy again... T.T

maybe Christmas... sigh...
WhiteValkery wrote:

Sorry to hear it. Sad I started on some mobile Cemetech stuff, and Merthsoft is looking at a few of the pages; we'll see where it goes. Do you have any time left to quickly check DCS 6.9.1 beta, or no?
KermMartian wrote:
WhiteValkery wrote:

Sorry to hear it. Sad I started on some mobile Cemetech stuff, and Merthsoft is looking at a few of the pages; we'll see where it goes. Do you have any time left to quickly check DCS 6.9.1 beta, or no?

yeah... some what...
2 more weeks of moderate busy... then i am going to be swamped Shock
Ouch, sorry to hear it. Sad What are you going to be totally swamped with? Schoolwork, or lots of other things as well?
KermMartian wrote:
Ouch, sorry to hear it. Sad What are you going to be totally swamped with? Schoolwork, or lots of other things as well?

practically everything in life Razz

need to find off campus dorm... since the stupid school's are all out...

and i need to get text books... figure out all the credits i need...
blah blah blah... AHHH!? it burns just to think about it HAHA
WhiteValkery wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I know the feeling, I'm equally freaked out about the classes I'll be taking this semester, research and such, exams, work, teaching, meh. Smile I'm sure we'll all make it through in the end though, we're smart guys on the whole. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
WhiteValkery wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I know the feeling, I'm equally freaked out about the classes I'll be taking this semester, research and such, exams, work, teaching, meh. Smile I'm sure we'll all make it through in the end though, we're smart guys on the whole. Smile

yeap...
life will be a lot more simpler once we finally finish school and start our real lives..
Hey, I'm starting my PhD, so I'm a little closer to real life, what with taxes and rent and bills and stuff, but I'm still researching and learning, for what it's worth. Plus, I get paid for doing my PhD, so woot for that. All the stress of classes and schoolwork is there and amplified, especially since, for example, one of my two Fall semester classes has a final exam that you have to pass, or get kicked out.
KermMartian wrote:
Hey, I'm starting my PhD, so I'm a little closer to real life, what with taxes and rent and bills and stuff, but I'm still researching and learning, for what it's worth. Plus, I get paid for doing my PhD, so woot for that. All the stress of classes and schoolwork is there and amplified, especially since, for example, one of my two Fall semester classes has a final exam that you have to pass, or get kicked out.

yeah... the thought of the possibility that you could be kicked out is sooooooo intimidating...
i am just going in to first year this year... so i pretty much have no idea how its going to be... my brother, who just graduated this year and is now working as a software engineer happily and completely worry free, told me tht university is easy... but then i think he is a genius... -.- (he got in Microsoft first try in his second year for crying out loud... and is still there...) thus i hope i could manage it :/

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours