» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
I need the code, and then I will understand.... kinda weird but true
qazz42 wrote:
I need the code, and then I will understand.... kinda weird but true
There's code in the topic, in several places, most recently my post. Smile Did you give it a try? Note that this is DCS-related code, so it's not a violation of the Contest rules.
You also didn't answer my question. And I know what you mean qazz, sometimes it takes example code for me to understand too.
_player1537 wrote:
You also didn't answer my question. And I know what you mean qazz, sometimes it takes example code for me to understand too.
_player1537 wrote:
Qazz, what does the calculator use to send messages back and forth? GetCalc()?
I believe it does, based on what he was explaining about not being able to use the GUIMouse. Let's be careful about getting too deeply into that, though, since this is a contest entry. Smile
Yeah, I am set, no more questions Very Happy

I will make a new post now that the input ordeal is over Very Happy
qazz42 wrote:
Yeah, I am set, no more questions Very Happy

I will make a new post now that the input ordeal is over Very Happy
Hahaha, you consider it an ordeal? I look forward to more information after you either implement GUIfied input, or decide not to use the GUIfied input.
Aaaand, implemented!

Thanks for that code Kerm, I made some adjustments though >.> ;D

Now you need a window icon.
Would F8D8A888F8 work?
Sure, though telling me isnt really a good Idea Razz

eh, Just Joking I already use my own icon, a white square.
You mean a complete blank? It looks to my like your LargeWindow has no icon. Might you consider a GUIRButtonText instead of clicking the close button to send? I think a button that says "Send" would be more intuitive.
nope, it is a white square, not a blank Razz

and, yes, as for buttons, sure, BUT not today, I think I sent enough today.....

Perhaps in a week or so, I need some time to learn the art of C#

EDIT: It is official, TI-MAIL is now in a stable beta! Thanks for the help and support guys, though, no more help, I have to do this by my self now Smile. Also, thanks Kerm for putting up with my constant spam... errr.. emails with latest betas Wink
Any time, it's my job, for better or worse. Razz Good luck with the C#, hope you get to explore the DCS GUI API more soon.
Sure thing, once again please do excuse my constant beta's, I am kinda new at external libraries, but I am getting better, and more familiar with the DCS ones...
qazz42 wrote:
Sure thing, once again please do excuse my constant beta's, I am kinda new at external libraries, but I am getting better, and more familiar with the DCS ones...
Glad to hear it. I'll just need to be sure to clean out my Cemetech folder of my email once the contest is over. Smile
@qazz42 very cool! Two things: 1) you might want to center the text in the loading/sending screens, and 2) Rather than displaying text on the homescreen and using the Menu( command, try displaying that on the graphscreen with Text( and DCS gui magic. Otherwise, looks great!

@you
It would be interesting to be able to read unique (or effectively unique) identification numbers for calculators... *Kerm call* would it be remotely possible for DCS to spit out a calc's id#?

Outside of linking (qazz's TImail, and perhaps keeping track of high scores in games), id numbers could be used as cryptographic keys to, say, prevent a program from being (easily) shared.

Admittedly, that's a pretty narrow range of applications, but it would be intriguing nonetheless.
haha, thanks rthprog, problem is that to "getcalc" the other calculator must be in a power saving state, the GUImenu isn't a power saving state

Kerm, I agree with rthprog, DCS should be able to assign calculator IP addresses Very Happy
qazz42 wrote:
haha, thanks rthprog, problem is that to "getcalc" the other calculator must be in a power saving state, the GUImenu isn't a power saving state
Perhaps the xLIB library may be of use to you. It would be more complicated, but it would be really cool. Essentially what you would do is make a graphscreen menu styled similarly to DCS using xlib-- since it uses getKey, you _should_ be able to send/receive.

While I really shouldn't give you menu code, pseudocode should be just fine. I think.

Code:
:save screen to picA
:draw box, title bar, blah blah blah... make it look like a DCS menu
:display your menu items with text(
:save this screen to picB
:store 1 to E (menu position. we're starting with element 1)
:loop until "enter" is pressed
  :draw inverted box over position E
  :wait for getKey
  :adjust E based on getkey; if key is "up", reduce E, if key is "down", increase E.
  :make sure E is within parameters (E cannot be 0, for example)
:end loop
:E is the # of the element you selected.

qazz42 wrote:
Kerm, I agree with rthprog, DCS should be able to assign calculator IP addresses Very Happy
Yay, someone agrees with me Smile Thing is, your calculator already has a serial number; there's just no way to get to it in TIBasic. I recall Brandon somehow did something involving that a while back...
I thought Brandon did something to DELETE the ID code...
qazz42 wrote:
I thought Brandon did something to DELETE the ID code...
HA, he _would_ do something like that... anyways, apparently my *Kerm call* didn't work. i mean, come on, what kind of an admin is he if he's not online 24/7, constantly refreshing active threads in search of any hint of trouble?
Oh please, you are never around when he "rthprog calls" Razz or you dont respond... XD

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours