qazz42 wrote:
Did the guy happen to respond to your E-mail by any chance?
No, unfortunately. Sad I'm beginning to think it was in fact serious trolling, unless he just doesn't check his email that often.

@Galandros: Thanks, I appreciate it. Smile Regarding manipulating program properties without using the mouse, have you tried out TabFuncs?
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
No, unfortunately. Sad I'm beginning to think it was in fact serious trolling, unless he just doesn't check his email that often.
Or, he used a spam email, like my e-mail for TI-CALC is. I still check it but only when I request password recovery emails or similar.
comicIDIOT wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Or, he used a spam email, like my e-mail for TI-CALC is. I still check it but only when I request password recovery emails or similar.
Eh, I hope not, I was actually interested in educating him about how all his complaints were nullified by available features. Sad
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Eh, I hope not, I was actually interested in educating him about how all his complaints were nullified by available features. Sad
This actually has me wondering about what e-mails I have gotten regarding my programs...
You should look; I've gotten a lot of good feedback from people over the years.
It's nice to get both negative and positive constructive feedback (unless there's nothing bad about the program, which is impossible, or nothing good about it), but I generally tend to take feedback from people who know what they are talking about more seriously than other kind of feedback, unless the later is repeated complaints about the same thing, in which case if my program is still being maintained, I will be trying to figure out if I can fix the problem.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
It's nice to get both negative and positive constructive feedback (unless there's nothing bad about the program, which is impossible, or nothing good about it), but I generally tend to take feedback from people who know what they are talking about more seriously than other kind of feedback, unless the later is repeated complaints about the same thing, in which case if my program is still being maintained, I will be trying to figure out if I can fix the problem.
Definitely, it's a good policy to have, but unfortunately users going to ticalc.org and seeing only a single review on the page might be less likely to look into the reviewer's background. Smile As personal criticism, I agree that the status of the critic within the community is proportionally related to how seriously I take their feedback.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours