This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 27 Nov 2005 04:13:32 am    Post subject:

Super announcement!!

It took a lot of reworking my code around (and lots of Find-Replaces), but I got the a "Show Optimizations" button and a "Syntax Highlighting" button to work!! I'm also thinking of a "What your code will look like" button. Will that fly?

Brazucs wrote:
Überidea: let the user pick the highlighting!! The options thing will be so crowded, though, that I'm thinking I'll make it either a "More Options->" or a pop-up.
Anyone know how more options can appears when a user clicks on a link? Like:

----------------------------------
[_____TEXTINPUTBOX_____]

More Options [>]

[Optimize]

----------------------------------
[_____TEXTINPUTBOX_____]

Option 1
Option 2
Option 3
Option 4

[Optimize]
[post="62294"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Thanks to this tutorial I found, I was able to place them under neat lil frames, too!

</excited>

Also, thanks to this re-working, I'm able to add in lots of optimizations I was to before. About 70 of them, actually. I'll start now! After I get a few of them in, I'll up the version Smile

/me eagerly waits for responses

Last edited by Guest on 27 Nov 2005 04:14:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Brazucs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 27 Nov 2005 11:10:52 am    Post subject:

\/\/007!!

I worked a whole lot on this tonight and added 89 new optimizations!! I don't wanna post them up, but if you remember that big list I had up, I'm only missing four!!
I gotta go out now, but I'll fix the stuff you guys mentioned here when I come back!

:) Finally getting somewhere. Version++.
Brazucs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Nov 2005 09:07:58 pm    Post subject:

Someone posts the super unoptimized piece of code below:

Code:
If X=0
Then
Disp "This means X is zero"
Else
75->A
75->B
End
Stop

It's 2AM, so what do you do? You go over to your favorites, click on "opTI-Basic - Code Optimizer" and copy-paste that code in.

You scroll down to "Invision BBCode" and copy-paste this syntax highlighted code:
Quote:
[font="courier new"]If X=0
Then
[color=#9A8B32]Disp
[/color]"This means X is zero
Else
75A
AB
End

Optimized by opTI-Basic

They're amazed and want to paste this into TI-Graph Link and put it in their readme.html. So what do you do?
Instead of copy-paste both "TIGL Code" and "HTML", you give them this link:
Click Here to see your optimized code.

Check out optiB and scroll down to "Forums", you'll see what I'm talking about Smile

Last edited by Guest on 29 Nov 2005 10:16:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Nov 2005 09:29:21 pm    Post subject:

Internet Explorer 6 supports up to a maximum of 2047 characters in the address bar.
With http://brazucs.unitedti.org/opti/urlpars.php?f=1&d= already in there, only 1996 are allowed.
Brazucs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Nov 2005 10:04:13 pm    Post subject:

I'm gonna try to make it into tokens so everything is one bite long. I'll also make a warning if your byte is bigger than 2047 characters.

Should I redirect it to the beginning page or the output? Maybe people want to change the code around or mess with the options... I suppose that's also gonna mean lots of unicode Sad

Last edited by Guest on 29 Nov 2005 10:16:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Nov 2005 11:59:31 pm    Post subject:

sweet feature. I wonder what Kerm will think? he just started version 2 of his online basic editor
Brazucs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 Nov 2005 12:17:22 am    Post subject:

He'll probably try to implement something similar. lol, jk Razz
His v2.0 is looking like it'll be pretty good. Damned 7 month headstart...

Cool... now it outputs either
Quote:
IE users will not be able to see anything after "...[12 characters]...", so tell them to get Firefox!

or
Quote:
URL test passed.

Last edited by Guest on 30 Nov 2005 12:22:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Brazucs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 Nov 2005 01:10:03 am    Post subject:

Well, after three days of trying to get it to work, I've decided to drop the file upload for version 1.0 - it will be implemented in version 2.0!

The end is nigh!! I'm guessing I'll be done before the end of the year!
Now, how can we get it featured on ticalc.org? lol...

Last edited by Guest on 30 Nov 2005 01:10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 30 Nov 2005 01:12:19 am    Post subject:

Try using POST instead of GET, that will allow you to shove more bytes through the output. So maybe you'll have to be creative to pull it off, but isn't that what defines the great programmers?

--AlienCC
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 30 Nov 2005 05:36:39 pm    Post subject:

Yup, you're gonna start ramming your head against a character limit. Just do what I already implemented, make it store temporary files for up to 7 days.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 30 Nov 2005 06:14:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
If X=0
Then
Disp "This means X is zero
Else
75→A
A→B
End
Optimized by opTI-Basic
How about getting it to fully optimize first? Smile That one gets a 50%. [ not( and Ans]

Looks cool, but character limits are going to kill you.
Brazucs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 Nov 2005 07:26:06 pm    Post subject:

For the last few weeks, KermMartian and I have been in intense competition: me with this and him with the "Source Coder" project.

Both have their pros and cons: OptiB is a great optimizer while SC is a great editor now, especially with the file upload which I could not get working for the life of me.

I thought of implementing several features from SC into OptiB and thought, "Why reinvent the wheel?" Kerm is a great php coder and knows how to do things I could probably only dream of or that would take me ages to get working.

As you all know, I've been working long nights on this and Kerm admitted he has also worked double-time on his SC. In an attempt to get the best out of two great ideas, we have both agreed to join forces, thus dawning the first Cemetech-UTI joint project.

For standardization purposes, most things will be hosted at Cemetech. It might a few days to get both codes completely merged, but I’m sure they both will be eventually.

More info will come up as things start moving along!

Last edited by Guest on 24 Mar 2006 11:01:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 30 Nov 2005 07:31:43 pm    Post subject:

Indeed, I have been historically wary of collaborating on projects, especially something as huge as this, but I feel that Brazuc's excellent work for a PHP beginner warranted agreeing to work together. I hope that we are able to work extremely well together on this project.

With that in mind, here is the first publicly released link to SourceCoder v2.0 beta (disclaimer: this is not done! If a feature doesn't work right yet, please let us know, but it's probably because it's not done! Smile)

http://www.cemetech.net/projects/basicelite/sourcecoder2.php

Last edited by Guest on 30 Nov 2005 07:35:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 30 Nov 2005 09:07:45 pm    Post subject:

kermmartian wrote:
Yup, you're gonna start ramming your head against a character limit.  Just do what I already implemented, make it store temporary files for up to 7 days.[post="62758"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Good programmers clean up after themselves. I can think of no reason why you would possibly need the temporary files for that long. You should be able to program a test of the time of all the files hanging around in the temporary location, and remove them after that has aged maybe an hour or two.

--AlienCC
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 Nov 2005 09:30:50 pm    Post subject:

second project youve ever collaborated on right Kerm?
necro

Advanced Member

Posted: 30 Nov 2005 10:56:10 pm    Post subject:

that is very cool guys...nice work
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 30 Nov 2005 11:08:56 pm    Post subject:

I was taking up side bets as to how long it would be before a merger...
Well, not really but I'm glad to see you two joining forces.

Should bugs/requested features/suggestions be reported here or at Cemetech?
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 01 Dec 2005 02:14:15 am    Post subject:

Brazucs, here is the file upload function that I agreed to program, and deliver for you. This does in fact work with the security level of this server. Yes the same one nobody else you tried to get help from could figure out how to make it work.

http://brazucs.unitedti.org/opti/files.php

This comes complete with self-cleanup code which will remove any files kicking around with an access time longer then 3 hours. You can adjust that value by simply changing the integer value of $hourdif at the top of the code.

--AlienCC
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Dec 2005 02:20:43 am    Post subject:

Gah, I just uploaded my factoring algorithm. :D

Does this mean we won't be helping as much in IRC? :(

Not that I was of any help. :biggrin:

Really, I think this is a good move. Do a good job, dangit! ;)

</emotions>
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 01 Dec 2005 09:10:43 am    Post subject:

AlienCC wrote:
kermmartian wrote:
Yup, you're gonna start ramming your head against a character limit.  Just do what I already implemented, make it store temporary files for up to 7 days.[post="62758"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Good programmers clean up after themselves. I can think of no reason why you would possibly need the temporary files for that long. You should be able to program a test of the time of all the files hanging around in the temporary location, and remove them after that has aged maybe an hour or two.

--AlienCC
[post="62799"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, but what about people wanting to post links to their code?
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 8 of 10 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement