this is the second of 3 major projects i am undertaking at the moment. Flamerman II is supposed to be an RPG with an abs [active battle system] that continues on the story of the first Flamerman game i had made (which was seriously weak, given that it was RAW-tibasic). this game is also how Hal gets his title as flamerman.

Story: months after the dragon attack on Jaro, Hal is seeking a new adventure. Just his luck, the Golden Cryst has come back after it's 50 year journey through space. the Golden Cryst is a magical yellow crystal that gives tasks to those who approach it. succeeding in these tasks mean that you are granted considerable Power. Failing in these tasks, and your life is forfeit to serve in the cryst's dungeons for eternity.

Hal decides to take the risk, and must find the Cryst Keeper in order to gain access to the Cryst's grounds. however, the Cryst Keeper has been kidnapped by a gang who claim themselves as the "RattleSnakes." save the Cryst Keeper, and take on the Cryst's challenges in this upcoming game series.

Controls:
[in the map]
arrow keys: move around the map
2ND: Interact with people/objects
F3: menu for saving, viewing stats, etc

[in the ABS]
L/R Arrow Keys: Move around
2ND: Attack
Alpha: Guard against attack (1/2 damage)
F1: Slide left
F5: Slide right
F3: pause

a note of the abs: this is a secondary game engine inside of F2GC for the battles. the best example of something like this would be like the battle system involved in the GBA games "Summon Nights". Now, clearly my game will be much more watered down than this, but perfect for what I beleive this platform can handle.
[bump]
While not too much coding has been done in this game, I must say I have finished the tilesets for the game. sprites for individual charecters, I need help with, however, as my own skills with the graphical arts are minimal. Ill get some mockups drawn up soon, and actual coding should jump up too.
You say that the original was in "raw TI-BASIC"; if I may be pedantic, and you are referring to TI-BASIC with no ASM libraries, we usually call that "pure TI-BASIC". Smile Can I therefore deduce that this new version will be in hybrid TI-BASIC? Feel free to show off your tileset if you so desire!
I may be able to help with some sprites if you want.
@Kerm: this version will be written in assembly - the original plan for this game was hybrid basic with a small assembly program to compress stored pictures, but I find that I needed more power to create the game's 2 engines. as for Raw vs. Pure, yes, that's what I meant.

@gaven: I appreciate you coming forward for the sprites, but I also want to make sure you can handle my request. If you could send me by pm a sample of sprites, Ill judge whether or not this is the job for you. just send me whatever you feel is your best. oh, I should mention that I would like the sprites to originally be done in color, since I want to port this to the Casio Prizm, too (in the future, not a priority right now!).

mockup pictures coming soon. I cant upload them right now, as the library computer I am currently on blocks imgur (-.-).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours