Not sure if this is in the right place. anywho.. Move if needed Very Happy

Ok so I have a few problems.. I play a FaceBook game when I have time, and I play in Opera usually, problem is, flash does not come with opera, and when I try to download flash for opera, it says my browser is FireFox.. which is a problem.

Also, Unless I am typing in a text box, anytime I hit spacebar it sends me to the bottom of the page while server the web.. Can I remove this? I tried the facebook game in Google Chrome (which works fine ,, except for a very crappy font) but each time I hit spacebar i am sent to the bottom of the page. Which is a problem..(this is annoying BEYOND Belief.)
EDIT: It appears this is a Facebook only problem.. I moved the the HD mode (played from there site instead of Facebook) And no spacebar problem..

I think that is all for the moment..
Those are all problems with your browser, not with Fedora, as far as I can tell from your descriptions. Spacebar always scrolls down unless either a text-input box, another form input box like a radio button or checkbox, or an external control like Flash or Silverlight has focus.
OK sounds good.. So any idea how to get flash to work in Opera?

Edit:And for some reason, I installed flash for FireFox, but flash is stll not working. tried installing again, and it wont let me.

Edit EDIT: OK got flash working.. I downloaded the repo but had not installed yet... herp derp. ah well. all working now. I will retitle this Newbie Linux Help, and anyone can post here if the feel the need Very Happy
OK one more question. In Windows I have google chrome and Xchat in startup. IS there a way to do this with Fedora?
yes.

The process depends on your desktop choice (ie GNOME or KDE, or XFCE)
Actually, if you have XFCE, you can save your session on logout and have everything restart the way you left it Wink
I am using the generic for The newest Fedora. GNOME I believe

Also, I dont usually shut down, but it would be nice to save sessions between shutdowns, and swapping to and from windows.
gnome-session-properties
should open the startup applications menu, if you're really on gnome
shmibs wrote:
gnome-session-properties
should open the startup applications menu, if you're really on gnome
^This. You know how to run a command, right? Also, you should start immersing yourself in the terminal to start getting comfortable.
Yes I know how to run commands. I messed with some setting already with the Gnome-tweak-tool. and I needed terminal to run it. I have installed a few packages with the terminal. As for other things, I have not done much else with the terminal. If I have some free time this weekend I will look up some commands and get used to it like I am with CMD.
a good thing to remember is that, if you stick an executable file in /bin, you can run it from anywhere by just typing its name. knowing this, you can write a bash script that takes parameters passed from the user (this page shows how to do that) stick it in /bin, make it executable, remove the .sh extension, and, effectively, add your own custom commands to the bash command line =)
Thanks a bunch. I may have to learn some bash scripting. (If I ever actually find a need for it)
Well I got to the page. Gnome session proerties. but now I cant find xchat...

What folder would it be in? or is the command just
xchat

?
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:

xchat

?
Don't double-post.

If "xchat" from the command line launches xchat, then look in your $PATH to see which of those folder(s) contains the executable. It's likely /usr/bin.
Uber tip:
Gnome is too pretty to be useful
KDE is too bloated to do anything
Xfce is neither bloated nor pretty, and it's highly customizable

Switch to xfce before it's too late!
Does Xfce still have the moveable workspaces? That is a big ++ for me. I do A LOT of multitasking and I am usually using 4 spaces at once.

Also, what is the difference?
KermMartian wrote:
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:

xchat

?
Don't double-post.

If "xchat" from the command line launches xchat, then look in your $PATH to see which of those folder(s) contains the executable. It's likely /usr/bin.

You could also use `whereis xchat` or `type -a xchat` to find where the binary is located.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
Does Xfce still have the moveable workspaces? That is a big ++ for me. I do A LOT of multitasking and I am usually using 4 spaces at once.

Also, what is the difference?

It has workspaces, if that's what you mean. If by moveable, you meant the ability to switch by mousing off the screen, then yes.
Yes or pressing Cntl, Alt, Arrows. and ok. And sorrwy kermm... My bad.

And thanks souvik. I will try that
souvik1997 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:

xchat

?
Don't double-post.

You could also use `whereis xchat` or `type -a xchat` to find where the binary is located.

There's also 'which xchat' which gives just the path to the executable and nothing else (whereis prints out other stuff like the path to the man page).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours