So a few days ago I bought a ti 83 and it wasn’t working I tried every thing eventually I got it to work but o through Xton didn’t work and all typed comma. It doesn’t turn on I’ve tried everything can I please get help?
The key matrix sounds broken. You'll have to take it apart and find the broken circuit traces.
Administrator's note: four posts edited together into one:

I’ve taken it apart and nothing looks wrong when I get home I will take it apart and send you a picture. Ok?

Oh and when I Try to turn it on it flashes black screen and turns off

I’ve found when I pres on and then on again it does nothing but when I press 2nd on so turning it of then pressing on it flashes black again

I will be home around 4:30 central
Did liquid ever get on your calculator? Have the batteries ever corroded inside? Check the backup battery as well.

Do you have a multimeter? It's going to be basically impossible to figure out what exactly is broken unless you can spot the problem visually.
I do have a multi meter I took it apart it turned on at one point I saw it I don’t think it ever got wet internally but it did externally

Edit: These are pictures of my calculator:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TaoXQzdILsRx7i8CeMLkrSrCken3p6-Y/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tQHLfrCKzXIAoJbObFS5_2UJU1UukxMI/view?usp=drivesdk
Please stop double- and multi-posting. Only reply to yourself if it has been over 24 hours; otherwise, edit your posts. A quadruple-post is particularly unacceptable. In addition, please proofread and correct your posts before you post them, so that they're readable and parseable by other English-speaking human beings. Please read and understand this: https://www.cemetech.net/news/2014/5/666/_/a-brief-introduction-to-better-netiquette .

This symptom often is due to a failure of the coarse ribbon cable connecting the LCD and the calculator's mainboard: you can try to narrow down the problem by using a link cable (if this is a TI-83 Plus, the USB-to-2.5mm cord called the SilverLink) to see if TI Connect can view the contents of the calculator. If so, it's just an LCD problem; if not, it's likely a more pervasive and serious problem.
So if it is should I just get rid of it?
Calcgamer696969 wrote:
So if it is should I just get rid of it?
It's entirely up to you; I would certainly suggest trying to repair it, but everyone has a different level of skill (and patience) for repairs. Many of the things we've been discussing in this thread are fixable:
I bought a ti nspire cx cas II on Saturday
Calcgamer696969 wrote:
I bought a ti nspire cx cas II on Saturday
Did you intend to post this in this topic, or did you mean to post it in your topic asking what TI calculator you should buy?
I mean no but I was just saying

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours