The other day I went camping and my friends helped me come up with new ideas for games/routines, tell me which one you think I should try first or ask about certain games. Most of these things are to challenge myself, if anyone wants me not to do something just come right out and say it, or if anyone else wants to make them themselves then do so. Anyways, here goes:

Axe
line routine
3d
extract bits in any proportion
tile mapper
physics engine
hooks
space game (like pheonix)
music
greyscale
make a game >9000 bytes, 1337 bytes
CGOL

Any Language
mario
escape game
mastermind in greyscale
papijump
pacman
tetris
bubble breaker
mario-tetris
asteroids
tower defence
frogger
fast tunnel
mouse routine/doors gui
racing game
flying game
impossible quiz
don't press the red button
modern warfare type game
In this order:
3D, greyscale, hooks, pacman, everything else in whatever order you like
Tilemapping has already been done, dude.
indeed, but I haven't made one, papijump has been done too, along with CGOL, pheonixy game, physics engine, pretty much most of these. I want to test my skills making these, sorry if it sounded rude
You didn't sound rude at all Razz
But you should do papijump and a physics engine. I'm thinking of releasing the Half Life 2 engine under the name Steam when I'm done with it, too Rolling Eyes, which consists of physics, graphis, and level design.
I seem to be missing out on a lot of fun with this AXE language. Razz Does it produce decently-sized and decently-functional code?
@Size it kinda depends, if you have a small program that divides, multiplies and does wierd stuff, then it will give slightly wasteful code. But if you make a large program that uses dividing a lot, properly puts code in subroutines, etc then you can have very efficient code.

I will try to find specific examples
As of right now, it only has about 40% of the commands accounted for, or something like that. So, not about yet. It is being completed fast, though. I'm monitoring its progress.
here is a link to the progress thread: http://ourl.ca/4060

Edit: Here's a table for the program sizes

Code:

Program | Source size | Compiled Size
CGOL | 696 | 260
StarDemo | 297 | 724
Sound | 212 | 408
Screen Saver | 116 | 291
Guess | 303 | 531
Star Ship | 1667 | 2522
Actually, in the case where your program mostly consists of data, for example sprites, the compiled version may end up smaller. In Axe form, a sprite will be 16 bytes large, stored in hex, but compiled, it will become 8 bytes. So for a game that has a lot of maps but a very small and simple engine, your game may end up about 40-45% smaller

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours