I am currently finishing up a Flash quiz game driven by a MYSQL database through a PHP interface for a Flash class in school, and I have run into a few small problems that the teacher does not know how to fix (as with most of the problems I have run into because she planned on teaching ActionScript 1.0 because that is what she knew and that is what the school had, and after the class started she found out that the school now has a newer version of Flash) and was wondering if anyone had any experience in ActionScript 3.0. I plan on posting the product online when it is done and I have some decent quizzes in the database. I could also use some help coming up with some decent quiz questions and answers (right and wrong). If anyone thinks that they could help let me know and I can send you the code (I don't plan on posting it unless people really want me to as it is hundreds of lines).

Thanks
I can't personally be of any help with the code, but if you want it to be available to others and not have to post it all on a forum, might I suggest a public dropbox link?

https://www.getdropbox.com/

Dropbox keeps a synced version of a folder online (I think up to 2gb?) and keeps revisions each time you update it. You can make them public and give people links to view them. Plus, if you're not on your own pc, you can still log into the website and see your files.
I like the I idea, I will look at that, and otherwise I may just email or post the files on my free hosting.

Edit: does that support running on a computer where it is not installed? I would need that for it to be of much use as I would need t on school computers? (I carry a flash drive I could put it on)
My skills are no/yes/yes respective to the topic title, so if you'd care to share code, I'd be happy to look through it. What kind of problems are you running into, or did I skim your tl;dr too superficially?
KermMartian wrote:
My skills are no/yes/yes respective to the topic title, so if you'd care to share code, I'd be happy to look through it. What kind of problems are you running into, or did I skim your tl;dr too superficially?

I would love to know any errors you can see I will package up a db backup and the php files, the compiled flash file and the ActionScript 3.0 file (it is really just a plain text file so any word processor should open it). The problem is after the second or third question (I forget which) the answers stop displaying on the appropriate buttons.

Quiz Game.zip

EDIT: I can't get the current compiled version to work (of the flash) so I won't include it.
I have now expanded the code for my quiz game to include new features, though some of the new ones don't work and some of the old ones are still stumping me and anyone I have talked to. The current PHP code has been tested and works, the ActionScript works for the most part though some of the major parts have problems making it so although most of the code works, the program is almost completely useless until the problems are fixed. I have a sf.net project for it now and I am looking for new feature ideas, as well as debugging help. I have put all of the code up on subversion in an organized manner. (though not the way the code will be organized in production and releases [the code is subdivided more than the code is written to be]) I would appreciate any Ideas here or on the feature requests forum in the sf.net project. I would also appreciate some help making a few quizzes to show off the project with. (I only have a basic testing quiz where true is always the answer) These quizzes could include one picture per question, one text question, up to five text answers (only one can be correct), and an unlimited (well not really, but the limit is so high nobody would even want to write or take a quiz of that length as it is well over 500 [I think it is more like in the tens of thousands]).

Here's the link to the sf.net project: http://sourceforge.net/projects/flashquiz/

Thanks in advance for any help or comments,

Glenn

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours