The single player Crysis demo has been released!

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/11333/Crysis+SP+Demo

If my internet was fast enough to dl it, I would be drueling right now =P

P.S. Diggit http://digg.com/pc_games/Single_Player_Crysis_demo_released
This is going to be the test program for my new computer: if I can't run this on it, I'm returning it. Razz

BTW, here is the link to a forum topic that you don't need to wait for in order to download.
Got it last night, but the Linux ntfs driver in Ubuntu gutsy appears to be evil, so I spent the entire morning trying to get windows to boot, rather than playing..
It's sitting at a boot screen right now. I hope it's just doing a chkdsk and taking a long time (it's been there for a while).
I went through it last night... the way your suit works and the opening of the game reminded me of "Silent Cartographer" from Halo. Not sure if I'd buy it though, since I've never been a huge fan of the 'Far Cry' series.
I played it, I had fun. The game looked pretty good, although at 1024x768 the aliasing was pretty bad. I haven't tried upping the settings any, I played it at the values it gave me (1024x768 @ medium), and it was pretty smooth. The physics are awesome, at one point I just jumped around and smashed all the buildings and shot down trees. It really felt more like a virtual world than the "you can have physics on that object but not that one" worlds that are so common. That, and smashing a Humvee through a building while unloading on enemies never gets old Very Happy

The suit options were cool, but I found myself mainly just using cloak (and occasionally strength to jump on buildings and smash stuff - but I never did use it against an enemy).
I played it 1680x1050 at medium, and with rumble on a xbox 360 controller it was fun. Smile
allynfolksjr wrote:
I played it 1680x1050 at medium, and with rumble on a xbox 360 controller it was fun. Smile

You played it with a 360 controller? Why on earth would you subject yourself to such torture??? Mouse+Keyboard FTW!

I'm going to try bumping the res to 1280x1024 and seeing if it is still playable - most games are a bit conservative when it comes to the auto-detected settings. I'm curious though, what are your system specs?
I'm usually a huge fan of mouse + keyboard, but I was seeing if it would actually rumble on the PC.
I was using my 360 controller, but quickly gave up, as I found the controls rather clunky. So it just sat on my desk, making me jump whenever it rumbled, making rattling noises.

It defaulted to Low settings at 800*600 on my machine (E6320 at 2.33 ghz, Radeon X1600 Pro, 3 GB RAM), but it works fine at Medium. I'll need to see if I can handle 1024*768, though.

I've been enjoying the suit options, getting some good use out of every option. I had particular fun cloaking, walking up to a guard, grabbing him, then throwing him down (switching to strength first for that satisfying throw, of course).
I can push it to 1280x1024, but I have to drop shadows to Low to make it playable - and that just isn't worth it. Evenly lit forests look oh so ugly Razz

But now I know that my card can almost handle it, therefore if I pick up another 7900GT cheap on e-bay, I can SLI and I should be able to play it... w00t

Or maybe I'll just buy a next gen card around x-mas Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours