About a week ago somebody emailed me and said that he downloaded my Sudoku program but he couldn't figure out how to run it. Then I got another email from the same guy that said he found the "pgrm button".
Isn't that hilarious? Very Happy

Maybe I should tell them how to run it in the readme from now on! Razz
the funniest thing I have gotten concerning my progs are some one couldn't figure out the err:archive problem... >.< And in my readme, it says which need to be archived, which dont.
Well, in your readme, it doesn't list all of the files that should be in ram/rom; only those that should be in rom.
Which means the rest should be in rom Rolling Eyes .
UltDev'r wrote:
Well, in your readme, it doesn't list all of the files that should be in ram/rom; only those that should be in rom.

Harq wrote:
Which means the rest should be in rom

Laughing

Next time you try to act all smart, get your facts straight. Unless those rolling eyes implied sarcasm, and not duh.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

well, when it says: "Place all files in the Archive folder in to your Archive space on the calculator, and place all files in the RAM folder in to the RAM space" That kind of leaves little room for error, don't you think?

This was an old readme, for pokemon, which was left out in the last version I think...
Chipmaster wrote:
UltDev'r wrote:

Harq wrote:

0x5

Next time you try to act all smart, get your facts straight. Unless those rolling eyes implied sarcasm, and not duh.

Yes it was sarcasm.
tifreak8x wrote:
well, when it says: "Place all files in the Archive folder in to your Archive space on the calculator, and place all files in the RAM folder in to the RAM space" That kind of leaves little room for error, don't you think?

If he was using TI connect he wouldn't have been able to tell which folder they came from on the Send screen.
Harq wrote:
Chipmaster wrote:
UltDev'r wrote:

Harq wrote:

0x5

Yes it was sarcasm.
You win Wink

You should just have them default to the correct places. Under options, TI File Properties you can adjust whether it will be defaultly sent to ram or rom.
Quote:
This was an old readme, for pokemon, which was left out in the last version I think...

Which is the version I downloaded (is it updated on ticalc.org?)
Yeah, I've gotten some fun emails over the years. Quiet a few "zomg j00r prgm wunt work on my clacla8r lol" from people trying to run them on 86s, or 83+ programs on the 83, etc.
The only mail I've gotten about my programs was someone wondering how RLE works...
I got an e-mail saying that my program looked cool, but he couldn't figure out where to plug the link cable into. Hello, Darwin Awards!
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Quote:

Which is the version I downloaded (is it updated on ticalc.org?)

Yes, I put it back in when I got bored and rewrote the readme (yet again) a few weeks ago. It will go with the new beta, once that ever gets around to being done.

I even wrote out in a txt all program names, whether they should be archived or in RAM, and their function...
Kuro wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:

If he was using TI connect he wouldn't have been able to tell which folder they came from on the Send screen.

I do believe that there is a "location tab"... Rolling Eyes
netham45 wrote:
Kuro wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:

I do believe that there is a "location tab"... Rolling Eyes
*Column. Here's a particularly entertaining one:
hi wrote:
hey can you tell me some programs and games for my calc
if you can send it to this e-mail skr189@icqmail.com
Did you send him back a link to ticalc.org? or did you not bother replying?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours