Hi, I recently updated my Casio fx-cg10 to the cg50 OS. Is there anyway to revert it back to the original OS, since I cannot find the OS download file anywhere? Thank you
AFAIK in OS ERROR mode you can install older versions. Here is the updater for 2.00: https://www.planet-casio.com/Fr/logiciels/voir_un_logiciel_casio.php?showid=109

The "recent" OS versions for the Prizm (3.xx) have the CG-50 menu, I assume that's what you've installed and not an actual CG-50 OS. I don't remember which 2.xx is the latest.
Lephe wrote:
AFAIK in OS ERROR mode you can install older versions. Here is the updater for 2.00: https://www.planet-casio.com/Fr/logiciels/voir_un_logiciel_casio.php?showid=109

The "recent" OS versions for the Prizm (3.xx) have the CG-50 menu, I assume that's what you've installed and not an actual CG-50 OS. I don't remember which 2.xx is the latest.

How do I enter OS error mode for CG-10? Also yes, I was talking about (3.xx). Also, the site seems to be down.
Lephe wrote:

I just downloaded it and ran it in the emergency OS update area, yet it keeps saying update failed on my computer. How do I fix this? Thanks so much.
suma283 wrote:
I just downloaded it and ran it in the emergency OS update area, yet it keeps saying update failed on my computer. How do I fix this? Thanks so much.

I very often got this problem these last years when attempting to install official fx-CP400/fx-CG500 and fx-CG50 updates, and it was very stubborn. Trying again on the same computer was very often useless (the problem reoccurred almost systematically, even with a different USB port or after restarting the computer).

I didn't get the problem recently, so Casio may have improved something in the latest editions of its update tool.
But here since you want to install an older version, you need to use the older update tool packaged with this old version...

What worked for me when the problem occured on my main laptop, was trying on my former main laptop with an older Windows version. It worked 100% of the times.
critor wrote:
suma283 wrote:

I very often got this problem these last years when attempting to install official fx-CP400/fx-CG500 and fx-CG50 updates, and it was very stubborn. Trying again on the same computer was very often useless (the problem reoccurred almost systematically, even with a different USB port or after restarting the computer).

I didn't get the problem recently, so Casio may have improved something in the latest editions of its update tool.
But here since you want to install an older version, you need to use the older update tool packaged with this old version...

What worked for me when the problem occured on my main laptop, was trying on my former main laptop with an older Windows version. It worked 100% of the times.

It keeps saying error occurred, I do have an old version though.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours