I am happy to announce that we have decided the winners for the CC26 contest! Hold onto your hats, this was an amazing contest with many wonderful entries. Thank you to everyone who participated for your creativity and hard work. We also thank our members for their patience as we tabulated the results and prepared the prizes. We had ten impressive submissions, five each in the BASIC and everything-except-BASIC categories, showcasing several different perspectives on screensavers.

First the Honorable mentions, which we award to DJ_Omnimaga and TIny Hacker's entries.

Alvajoy received third place for his fun animations of popular Cemetech projects.

Tari’s entry. "WEB1999" is an homage to a time when these screensavers were not just widespread but necessary. For a great idea with skillful execution, we award Tari with second place.

In first place, we had SlyVTT. His entry reminded the judges of the classic computing demoscene, porting many mesmerizing animations to the fx-CG50. SlyVTT used the power within the fx-CG50’s hardware to create very impressive graphics. Recognizing the care and effort put into every one of the effects and animations, we award SlyVTT first place.

Thank you to all of our entrants for their entertaining projects. In addition to their ceremonial userbars, the top three winners above will be contacted asking for a mailing address to receive their trophy, a flying toaster that glows after dark. Felt it was a fitting trophy.
Hey, what a wonderful surprise !!

Thank you so much and congratulations to All Other Competitors !!!
That was a really great contest and we saw many wonderful contributions.

That you so much.

I will put my new banner in my signature Very Happy

Cheers

Sly

Edit : Nice to see the burning cube in the banner, that's a very kind thought Smile
Congratulations everyone! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Congratulations everyone and great job to all the contestants and organizers!
Congrats to everyone who participated! A big thank you to the judges and organizers for setting everything up as well. It was a lot of fun to participate Smile
Sorry I didn't see this until now. I haven't been on Cemetech for a while. Congratulations to all the winners! I really enjoyed this contest and it really motivated me.
@Calculatordream: Same!

Wavejumper3 wrote:
In addition to their ceremonial userbars, the top three winners above will be contacted asking for a mailing address to receive their trophy, a flying toaster that glows after dark. Felt it was a fitting trophy.

Everyone who thought the prize was a Zero Calculator though... ... w-well. oof, maybe next year! •...• (Let's hope the next CC won't be AI, that will be really, really difficult!

Congratulations to everyone who won. Your screensavers were all impressive!
Thanks again to everyone who entered, and to the judges for their hard work. As several contestants requested, we have sent along the subset of judges' results that included feedback on the entries to each contestant as constructive observations for any future work on these projects.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours