After being absent a bit, I have picked up my micro:bit again, now for wireless communication with a computer.

I am able to "send" data to the calculator using 2 microbits, one on my computer controlled via pyserial, and one on my calc, (CE PY-ed). This does however result in literal data being printed too?!

Example: \x00\x...{a few of these}{then the text, sometimes missing a character on the left or right}{then more \xNN} and sometimes a random character in there.

The text is printed fine when I do non serial to calculator or serial to seperated micro:bit

recieving data on the computer does not work at all, the .read() function always returns b'', even if the micro:bit is said to write to the serial connection.

This also works fine with a seperated micro:bit, but not with the calculator

Would anyone have an idea why?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours