Yes, it now compiles. How do I get rom.bin, ram8c.bin and rs.bin from gintctl? If I run the addin and I go to GINT (F2), then Memory dump, for the ROM there are 32 segments, this would return 32 files of 1M (by pressing SMEM), not one, I guess they should be concatenated but do we need the 32 files or only a subset? For the ram_8c, there are 8 segments, should I concatenate 8 files? For rs, there is one segment, therefore it should be that file.
(F5 USB does not seem to do anything).

Thanks!
parisse wrote:
Yes, it now compiles. How do I get rom.bin, ram8c.bin and rs.bin from gintctl? If I run the addin and I go to GINT (F2), then Memory dump, for the ROM there are 32 segments, this would return 32 files of 1M (by pressing SMEM), not one, I guess they should be concatenated but do we need the 32 files or only a subset? For the ram_8c, there are 8 segments, should I concatenate 8 files? For rs, there is one segment, therefore it should be that file.
(F5 USB does not seem to do anything).

Thanks!

You need to run fxlink -i on the PC, connect it to the calculator and then select the USB option on the calculator for each one and it should save them with a generic name and then you rename them. Concatenating the segments should work too but I haven’t tried it and it will be slow, using USB will dump each file in one go
That worked, many thanks!
I made a few test with KhiCAS light (the 1 addin version), and it works well except for file save/read (the full version of KhiCAS does not work because the ac2 file does not load).
Congratulations again, it is already functional and very promising!
I'm not familiar with using QT5 and it seems like I can only get a 10 day evaluation version of it and have to register? Even if you set it it to USE_SDL_GUI it still needs QT to build it?
QuietRiot wrote:
I'm not familiar with using QT5 and it seems like I can only get a 10 day evaluation version of it and have to register? Even if you set it it to USE_SDL_GUI it still needs QT to build it?

It sounds like you’re trying to use the commercial version of Qt, you should use the open source community version. The commercial version is for people who are using it in proprietary projects or need professional support.

Are you using Linux? If you are the Qt should be in your distribution’s package manager. If not I can get it working on Windows and start providing pre-built exes (Mac OS would be harder as I don’t have a Mac)

The SDL version shouldn’t need Qt if you set the config option but I might have messed up the build script, anyway I’d recommend the Qt version because it’s more complete and user friendly
Heath wrote:

Are you using Linux? If you are the Qt should be in your distribution’s package manager. If not I can get it working on Windows and start providing pre-built exes (Mac OS would be harder as I don’t have a Mac)

The SDL version shouldn’t need Qt if you set the config option but I might have messed up the build script, anyway I’d recommend the Qt version because it’s more complete and user friendly

No, I was trying to do it with Windows.
Heath,

i had the opportunity to test a bit more the emulator and it works really great.
So far i found the usual problème with USB support that is very easy to handle.

I also found that extra ram useage between 0x8c200000 and 0x8c4e0000 is also not supported.
I am using it in some addins that need a lot of memory for sprites (Outrun, Shmup) and was looking why these where not working.
This is only available on fxCG50 / Graph 90+E which have 8Mo RAM chipsets.

Do you plan to have direct PC keyboard mapping on the emulator in future revisions ?

Cheers

SlyVTT
slyVTT wrote:
Heath,

i had the opportunity to test a bit more the emulator and it works really great.
So far i found the usual problème with USB support that is very easy to handle.

I also found that extra ram useage between 0x8c200000 and 0x8c4e0000 is also not supported.
I am using it in some addins that need a lot of memory for sprites (Outrun, Shmup) and was looking why these where not working.
This is only available on fxCG50 / Graph 90+E which have 8Mo RAM chipsets.

Do you plan to have direct PC keyboard mapping on the emulator in future revisions ?

Cheers

SlyVTT

Extra RAM should work, I think it’s more likely to be the OS version checking causing problems (syscalls won’t work if you don’t have an OS dump). I do want to add custom key mappings so hopefully I can do that soon
Thanks for your feedback.
I'll try to make an OS dump to check if it works.
For sure there are the tests to identify the plateform that are a bit tricky.
Thanks.
Heath,

I just made a PR in the github repository with the following changes :
- correction of a bug when using the QT interface to pick a g3a file (the filepath variable was not correctly assigned)
- still on the QT version, I added mapping for the main keys of the fxCG50. This eases the tests when developping addins (documentation of what is available / key mapping is given in README.md).

Hope it helps.

You made a wonderful job !!

Cheers

SlyVTT
I've been playing around with gint lately and decided to give this another go. I'm using Ubuntu (WSL) and I get to the point where it's running and I can select a .g3a file, but then "Error opening file: No such file or directory" when I select it. Same if I were to use ./build/calcemu [path to g3a]. I'm also not sure if that's a valid error, since that would get displayed even if I close out without selecting a g3a.
Hello Heath,
This is truly impressive. From my point of view, having a complete package for coding, compiling, and testing add-ins remotely, along with an emulation solution, is truly wonderful.
You did a great job!

Congrats!!!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours