Apologies for the Necro but I have the cash on hand and communication open with an LCD manufacturer ready to do a run of replacement screens that would be compatible with TI-84. Just need schematics. Looks for someone interested to assist with this.

Thanks.
Would TI have a legal objection to this, considering the fact that they're already currently manufacturing TI-84 screens?
TIguy wrote:
Apologies for the Necro but I have the cash on hand and communication open with an LCD manufacturer ready to do a run of ti-84 screens. Just need schematics. Looks for someone interested to assist with this.

Thanks.
Monochrome 64x96 screens? What technology? With or without controllers (and if with, which)?
KermMartian wrote:
TIguy wrote:
Apologies for the Necro but I have the cash on hand and communication open with an LCD manufacturer ready to do a run of ti-84 screens. Just need schematics. Looks for someone interested to assist with this.

Thanks.
Monochrome 64x96 screens? What technology? With or without controllers (and if with, which)?

Would be monochrome 64x96 COG screens most likely, not sure about the controllers yet. needs more research. Did obtain a few samples already but unsure if they will work.

I wouldn't be making official TI screens just third party screens which are compatible. Not infringing on any patents.
While you already have the schematics, we need a video output device of some kind for screen recording from hardware. Assuming you can get schematics.
It's nearly impossible to get appropriate controllers that are compatible, unless you know someone at Novatek (the compatible part wasn't listed for general consumers last time I checked).

I did manage to find an old reel of T6A04's and was in contact with a manufacturer about an LCD run. It was going to cost around $6K for a few hundred (with half of that for design).

The problem is there are so many different version of the calc that have the various IC's in different locations (some on mainboard, some on LCD board etc).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours