» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yes, I restarted. Everything was getting too complicated, there were errors, and I couldn't understand my own code... lol
I surprised myself by doing this in two days! Confused Third time's a charm, I guess (no relation to the Charms bar Evil or Very Mad)
Update: In my internal build, I fixed a major memory leak error in the Application Frame Host (Surprised), but that's all good now. Up next is:
Push notifications!
Does this look like a good UX for notification badges (also Alarms will have audio support, heads up if you have the Xbox cord or other connectors for the CSE)?

If it looks good, it'll look exactly like that in real life, just not HD. Laughing

Start logo's fixed, as you can see!
And it's just Windows 10 now, not Windows 10 Educational or anything like that. Simply Windows 10.
It looks great, just needs HD Very Happy
How would one activate the notification once it shows?
It's done. I'll post screenshots in a bit.
You press down to activate the notification, and press up to dismiss it. You can also press the Windows key to dismiss the notification.

Surprisingly, this works flawlessly, but the only problem right now is that it only works for the Alarm.

How do I convert strings into lists? I looked at the site SDK, but it made absolutely no sense.
Strings can only contain tokens and lists can only contain numbers. You cannot convert between them.
Runer112 wrote:
Strings can only contain tokens and lists can only contain numbers. You cannot convert between them.

Hmm... you sure?
http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/string-to-list
http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/list-to-string

Anyhow, this is what notifications look like. They work in any app, and you don't have to code anything if you're a developer. I'll post the SDK tomorrow. I'll work on the UI, but like I said, it looks identical to the mock-up above (they normally do). The color is one you choose (the accent color).
Please watch the whole GIF!

-Do the status bar and bottom bar look okay?
-Do the new Universal Apps look okay (look at Alarm's UI)
-What other suggestions do you have?
solarsoftware wrote:
Runer112 wrote:

Hmm... you sure?
http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/string-to-list

Sure, you can map each token in a string to a number in a list. I didn't realize that's what you meant, as this isn't a standard conversion.

Since you've found a routine that satisfies your definition of conversion, does this mean you're all set with it?
Set with what?
A build is in the midst for you guys.

Features it will include:
-Cortana can open apps and add reminders (and do math without the label)
-a new, clean Alarm app
-many more customization options (think Windows Phone 10 options)
-developer SDK
-push notifications
-half-implemented multitasking
-bugs lol

Any other suggestions before the build (maybe this weekend-ish?)
I managed to get the XTEMP015 program to self-destruct.

However, it boots back to Cortana (even though I have a STOP command in there Confused) and I need your help.

Is there a Celtic command to detect if a list is installed? Otherwise, it says ERR:UNDEFINED, and this is the only way to fix it.
solarsoftware wrote:
Is there a Celtic command to detect if a list is installed? Otherwise, it says ERR:UNDEFINED, and this is the only way to fix it.

This is doable in just basic. Simply store the dimension of the list, and then have one element be a flag. For instance, to check if List ABC exists:

Code:
10->dim(ABC
If not(ABC(1:Then
--- Do stuff to set up the list
1->ABC(1
End

solarsoftware wrote:
However, it boots back to Cortana (even though I have a STOP command in there Confused)

I would highly consider restructuring your code; exiting through multiple different programs is generally to be avoided, and will make your life easier.
I fixed it. However, I didn't need to use that method (I'll use that for the OOBE settings now Very Happy).
What happened was Cortana was running in the background (copied temporarily into the RAM), and every minute Application Frame Host would launch and go back to Cortana. However, when you closed Cortana, she would somehow resurrect and crash. By debugging, I found out that it was returning to a loop, and I needed to add a RETURN command there.
However, a new issue that is bugging me is if you keep an app open for about 12 hours, ERR:MEMORY comes up. I am bringing Windows to the calculator, but a memory leak? How do I stop one if I'm exiting a Goto loop?
By the way, what does
Code:
If not(ABC(1:Then
actually do?
I feel like I'm missing something obvious...

P.S. The current structure is that the Application Frame Host closes all programs, just this issue was an exception, since Cortana is a multitasking AND standalone app.
There's a better way to check if a list exists. This doesn't require a flag:

Code:
SetUpEditor ABC
If not(dim(ʟABC
Then
//set up your list
End
http://1drv.ms/1F4pmCx

This is the source for the Application Frame Host.
Is it even possible to get rid of the "memory leak"?
Looks like there are quite a few times when you use a goto inside of a conditional. There are many ways to avoid this; here's one thing I prefer to do when working with menus:

Code:
0:Menu("Menu","One",1,"Two",2,"Three",3,"Four",4
Lbl 4:1
Lbl 3:Ans+1
Lbl 2:Ans+1
Lbl 1:Ans+1->X

That way X holds the number of the label, so you don't jump around so much in your code. Good luck on this; I would highly recommend brainstorming ways to solve this. For example, you could set up your code based on values, and have it encased in a conditional rather than a Label location. Sorry about all that confusion. Smile

EDIT:
When a program runs, the parser looks to see if the currently executing command is a loop or something of the sort. It then stores that location in memory, and then jumps back there when it hits an End statement. If you miss that statement, it causes that memory never to be released back. However, when the program exits, it gives all the memory allocated by running your program back to the OS. Smile This is the simplified version, but that's the idea.
Note also that Lbl/Goto can be quite slow, since the parser searches from the beginning of the program for the label.
The memory leak is now fixed! Very Happy
Start is back in development, but it probably won't be done until summer. However, I need help with the Doors icons.
On the Start Screen, I'm planning on using the Doors icon API to display them. How would I convert the hexadecimal code into xLIBC (preferably in a For( loop)
Something like (where Str1 is the icon line):

Code:
For length(Str1
A+1=1:sub(Str1,A,1
If A=?:color #->C
If A=16:Then:B+1->B:DelVar A:End
blahblahblah
real(7,9,A,B,1,1,C:End

How do I do hex to xLIBC (reverse than this program here http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9461&start=20)
If I understand correctly, you want to display a DoorsCSE icon of a program onto the screen using the 256 character hex string. This can be done by extracting the 256 charcter string using ReadLine and displaying it using BufSpriteSelect (det10). Just be sure to read the documentation on what the arguments are.
It works!
However, the icon is WAY too small. How do I resize/enlarge the sprite?
Due to the rapid approaching of BUILD, there will be more:
- faster paced build releases
- bugs

Wait for the slow builds if you can if you are concerned.
Refined UI for Settings.
Looks good? (most of the Universal Apps look like this)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 9 of 21
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours