I have a TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition. I am trying to transfer programs to it that have .8xk file extensions. From research I have done I believe that this is not working because .8xk are not compatible with the color ti-84. Is my only option to use a non color 84?
Hello jam2092210, and welcome to Cemetech!

The short answer: Yes
The long answer: Technically, if you can find the source code for the program, or perhaps an idea of what the program is, that would be a big help. Smile

Thanks!
jam2092210 wrote:
I have a TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition. I am trying to transfer programs to it that have .8xk file extensions. From research I have done I believe that this is not working because .8xk are not compatible with the color ti-84. Is my only option to use a non color 84?

Welcome to Cemetech! Smile

You are correct, the .8xk files are for the TI-83+/TI-84+ monochrome calculators only. Applications for the TI-84+CSE have the .8ck extension.
the programs are omnicalc and symbolic. this program im trying to use says that they are needed. What i am trying to do is get a calculus program that does all sorts of stuff for my color 84. things like integral and derivative, limits, riemman sums, areas under curve, etc.
Ah, of course. There have been multiple requests for these programs, and I am sorry, but as of now, I don't believe that there is a program for the color editions of these yet. But I imagine that one will come at some point. Also, calculus is best learned at first without a calculator. Smile
true. i know the material and i can do it without calculator. its nice to be able to quickly check my answers on my exams though. the way the exams are set up I couldn't get credit if I just used a calculator.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours