I think I somehow added this to Cemetech Labs....... Is that a problem?
So, after my failed attempts to find a model of the TI 84 PCSE case I set off to make my own. I recently finished what is to scale and could work as a case (I'm pretty sure) If it was 3D printed. It is in .dae format so if anyone wants to improve it or change it then you can download it and do so.
Here is an image of it taken from Google Sketchup:

Does anyone think they can make this more accurate? Sketchup limited my ability to add the details and things like that. I reccommend SolidWorks (because I am learning it) but anything else would be fine if the program you're using saves as .dae or can export as .dae
Thanks and have fun with this! Very Happy
I strongly recommend that you refine it as much as possible before you try to print it. Based on my experience with Guerrilla's TI accessories, even a tiny bit of difference from the reference design makes the case impossibly tight (or presumably loose). I'm afraid I can't help you too much with the 3D modelling part of it, but hopefully other people will chime in on that.
KermMartian wrote:
I strongly recommend that you refine it as much as possible before you try to print it. Based on my experience with Guerrilla's TI accessories, even a tiny bit of difference from the reference design makes the case impossibly tight (or presumably loose). I'm afraid I can't help you too much with the 3D modelling part of it, but hopefully other people will chime in on that.

I made the slider parts comlpetely to scale from my measurements and the shape of the case too. By details I meant like, the back of it where it says "Texas instuments" and the amazing line indentations. I think it would work but my lacking of a 3D printer is limiting my knowledge of its success Razz
I have updated the Model! Here's what it looks like now:
Does anyone here have a 3D printer? Custom cases could make for cool contest prizes Smile.
tr1p1ea wrote:
Does anyone here have a 3D printer? Custom cases could make for cool contest prizes Smile.

That's a GREAT IDEA!!!! I don't have one sadly... but I'm sure other people do. Very Happy
I just wanted to check if you ever made any progress on making this more accurate to the original, Boyboy3000. Both geekboy1011 and I now have 3D printers; I started to model a TI-84+CSE slide case and discovered that Sketchup is a pain in the neck.
Hi, Kerm. Yes! I have been making progress. I ended up getting SolidWorks and made my case with that and all the modifications. I got it printed by a friend of my mom's and it looks great. I am still waiting on the lid to the case (for the speaker part) but for now I made one out of cardboard. I will make a post once I get the lid and by then the project should be done! Thanks for your help (saying that I should ditch Sketchup.) Very Happy
Botboy3000 wrote:
Hi, Kerm. Yes! I have been making progress. I ended up getting SolidWorks and made my case with that and all the modifications. I got it printed by a friend of my mom's and it looks great.
Superb! How well does it fit onto the calculator? Will you share the model with us? How easy/hard did you find SolidWorks to be to learn?
Quote:
I am still waiting on the lid to the case (for the speaker part) but for now I made one out of cardboard. I will make a post once I get the lid and by then the project should be done! Thanks for your help (saying that I should ditch Sketchup.) Very Happy
Good luck on finishing up the project; I can't wait to see the results.
KermMartian wrote:
Botboy3000 wrote:
Hi, Kerm. Yes! I have been making progress. I ended up getting SolidWorks and made my case with that and all the modifications. I got it printed by a friend of my mom's and it looks great.
Superb! How well does it fit onto the calculator? Will you share the model with us? How easy/hard did you find SolidWorks to be to learn?
Quote:
I am still waiting on the lid to the case (for the speaker part) but for now I made one out of cardboard. I will make a post once I get the lid and by then the project should be done! Thanks for your help (saying that I should ditch Sketchup.) Very Happy
Good luck on finishing up the project; I can't wait to see the results.

Thanks! Yes. It fits smoothly into the calculator. I did make the notches that fit into the slot in the calc a little too long in the model but a utility knife worked fine to take off the extra. Solid Works was actually surprisingly easy to learn. I made the calc model the first day I had it.
The model is not a standard calc case, rather one with the modifications I needed to hold all the guts of my extension. I will, however, begin to model a standard calc with all the same dimensions (for the slider notches) and then once that is done I will share that. In the meantime, Here is a picture early on of what it looks like:

Again, I haven't gotten the lid yet, but once I do I will be sure to write a post and I will start making the standard case model. Thanks for all your support! (I plan on making the inside look nicer once I have the lid so I can finish the project all at once.) By the way, this is the bottom in the picture. The calc slides in on the top, which, in the picture, looks like the bottom.
That looks really nice. I want to do some 3D printing experiments later today or tomorrow; could I be so bold as to ask you to email your Solidworks model to me as a starting point?

geekboy/Ivoah: May I please ask you to do some caliper measurements of things like the (rough) radii of the corners, the height of the case, the inset of the grooves, and so on? Thanks in advance!
I would be happy to give you my solidworks model as soon as I finish the "unmodding." That should be soon! So, not long to wait. Probs this weekend! You're so welcome!
Oh, And I said I would make a post when I got the lid. Well, I got the lid. It is a little too long, so I will maybe sand off the extra. I will get to work on the model, Kerm, so you can do your printing experiments. Smile
Alright, Kerm. I have the file, but, before I send it I want to make sure that you like how it looks. Here is an image of what it looks like now. If you want any changes made please let me know. I know this design does fit the calc so if that's what you want I shouldn't have to make any changes. Also, if you want the file as a .stl file that you can just take directly into your printer then I can just send you the .stl, but if you want the solidworks file then I will send that to you.
I would prefer the SolidWorks file. I will most likely be working on smoothing out the boundary between the sides and the bottom, and then adding inset designs to the outside of the case. Thanks in advance! It looks really great; you've clearly put a lot of work into fine-tuning this.
Ok, here is the file as a .sldprt -->https://sites.google.com/site/botboy3000downloads/Calc%20Case%20Solidworks%20Standard.SLDPRT?attredirects=0&d=1 <--
Also, (random question) how do you get promoted on this site?
Thanks, and you're welcome. Good luck fixing the model. I think I may have done some of it really badly and made it hard. Sorry.... But here you go. Smile
Hey, Kerm. I just wanted to ask you if you had printed the case yet becausee I have a more correct model now if you want it.
I might be interested in this.

TI 84 Pluses and PCSEs have the same cases, right?
You are correct in saying that.
Hitechcomputergeek wrote:
I might be interested in this.

TI 84 Pluses and PCSEs have the same cases, right?
You can find my current progress with getting this to print in this topic.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours