http://sciencealert.com.au/news/20142308-26062.html

Hmmm... I found this article, and it seems interesting. Seems like we're trying to make Time Lords Wink (It's a Doctor Who reference). I wonder, though: How exactly would humans obtain this trait? Would genes have to be added to make it work, or is that possible?

Honestly, I don't think we should be trying this. It's unnatural for humans to change genetics.
You could argue every scientific advance ever is unnatural. That's a dumb argument.
Well when the article says "regenerate human tissues, such as damaged spinal chords and even lost limbs" they don't mean extreme regeneration like a whole new arm... most likely... Maybe if you sever your flexor tendon in your finger, which happened to my mother, you can grow it back. As for the spinal regrowth, the regeneration might help MS (Multiple Sclerosis), which my mother also has, and fix other things we don't know much about, like Lou Gehrig's disease.
Quote:
and even lost limbs
==
Quote:
a whole new arm

What about soldiers that lose their limbs in combat? (Or anyone else who loses limbs doing whatever)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours