I used Linux Mint to make a USB installer for Ubuntu. When I was done with it, I found that Ubuntu 14.04 was being released in a few days, and wanted to erase the thing and make a boot disc for that. Well, I put it in my computer and it wouldn't mount. I ran sudo fdisk -l, and saw that it was formatted as "hpfs/hidden ntfs". I checked with my Windows computer, and found that it showed up as one unformatted 900 mb volume and another volume that asked me to insert a disc into it. Does anyone know what I can do?
have you tried using GParted to reformat the drive?
I don't have it installed. I do remember reading about some program that could manually mount drives, however. Is that it?
GParted is the "GNU Partition Editor". it can format almost anything. I use it with Parted Magic, but they recently made their OS cost money.

program to mount drives? uhm, not sure what you need to mount the drive for on linux.
I think the repository it's downloading from is blocked. It's giving me a "Can't download" error.

[UPDATE]
Never mind. It got the main program installed.
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! THAT WAS SO FREAKING EASY!!!!
I'm going to remember this next time. Thanks, Luxen.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours