So, some people have a "Ticalc.org user" banner. I recently made a ticalc.org account, so is it possible to get this banner on my account?
Yes! Edit your profile and add the number to the appropriate field. For future reference the edit profile link is to the left under the "Logged In" section.
wait, can you clarify "number"
You might also want to add the following to the Signature field in your profile:

[url=http://www.ticalc.org/FILLINTHERESTOFTHEURLHERE][img]http://www.cemetech.net/img/sigs/ticalcuserbar.png[/img][/url]
I think you can look yourself up in the
ticalc.org directory. Then copy the "userid=" digits from your profile's URL. Don't quote me on that though.

[edit]

Curses! Foiled by Kerm!
asi14 wrote:

Exactly what Dianzi mentioned. I should have mentioned that in my post, sorry about that Smile
comicIDIOT wrote:
asi14 wrote:

Exactly what Dianzi mentioned. I should have mentioned that in my post, sorry about that Smile

No. That's not true. Dianzi's instructions are completely incorrect.

Go to your AUTHOR page, and copy the digits corresponding to the part of the link I highlighted in yellow:

The userid for your USER profile page is completely unrelated.
are there any other banners I can add
PS: I once saw a use with an Khanacademy banner! How in the name of christ did he get that?!
He probably attends to Khan Academy. Don't put images in your signature just because.

Also, double posting - posting immediately after yourself within 24 hours - is frowned upon. That's the second time I've brought it up in this topic. If you need to amend something to your post you can edit your previous one! If it's been 24 hours without a response you can post again.

elfprince13 wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

Go to your AUTHOR page, and copy the digits corresponding to the part of the link I highlighted in yellow:
[snip]

Oh man. I did not expect that at all. Why ticalc, why?
comicIDIOT wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

[snip]

Oh man. I did not expect that at all. Why ticalc, why?

The authors DB predates the current account system, so not all authors have user accounts, and not all user accounts have author profiles. (Also, it's possible for someone with an account to upload a file on behalf of him/herself and several others without an account.) Hence, they're separate DB tables.
Methinks the ticalc.org profile field could use some clarification then.
Agreed. I'll get on that right now.

Travis wrote:
The authors DB predates the current account system, so not all authors have user accounts, and not all user accounts have author profiles. (Also, it's possible for someone with an account to upload a file on behalf of him/herself and several others without an account.) Hence, they're separate DB tables.

Ah, okay.
Dianzi tian wrote:
Methinks the ticalc.org profile field could use some clarification then.

Perhaps, but it's also possible to find anyone on the forum who has theirs enabled and mouse over the link and see where it is pointing.
I happen to use KhanAcademy- I am a 3 year user. (Sequoia User, i think) So, I think I can get that. But i dont understand how he did it!

EDIT: Kerm, I also notice that your image signatures have two columns. How is this made possible?

EDIT: I think some photo-editing software is used in the making of these banners... I'm a calculator fanatic/pro user, not a web designer!
I made three out of the five images in your signature, and I used the GIMP for all of them. I'm a calculator fanatic and a graphical designer! No reason you can't be both. To make two columns, put a space between the first two, then an [ENTER], then a space, and so on. It looks like two columns because all the banners are precisely 350px wide.
I noticed on Omni that back when it was still possible to link to your ticalc account and author profiles, many people just put their username instead of ID in the profile field, which gave an user not found/listed error. It was stated besides the field that you need to use the ID number, but I guess people don't pay attention much.
I'll admit I've been somewhat conditioned by the interwebs to assume a username, user id, or profile id are the same thing without investigating. Blasted interwebs! (Also I always liked those banner graphics)
Yay ticalc!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours