I hope to sell noticably more products this year. To jump right in, what is the general opinion on this idea: a Cemetech Christmas tree ornament? And what do you think of these designs; which one is best, or is the idea lame? (I did make a Cemetech logo before, but it wouldn't fit on a tree very well, so I thought I'd use just the "C".)
Idea 1:

Idea 2:

Idea 3, based on the Cemetech logo it actually uses:

Also, does anyone have an idea of a project they might consider actually buying, or believe could be sellable?
I like #3. I can't think of anything I'd want an ornament of, personally, but I'm sure miniature calculators would be mildly popular.
Building on comic's point, miniature ti-83 or 83+ key rings would be rather novel.
Miniature TI-83+s, wow, that would be a challenge, and would be better suited to vinyl. Not, of course, that that would stop me.

#3 it most likely is. And, the object doesn't need to be an ornament: I actually specialize in signmaking.
To respond to your question in SAX, I'm afraid I don't have a higher version of Cemetechs' favicon (the icon that shows up in the address bar and on bookmarks when you visit/bookmark Cemetech). However, your sketch is pretty accurate, and I'll leave it to your artistic ingenuity to decide how to render it in wood. I agree that #3 is the best of the three options.
They are made, and here, finally, are pictures!

Before painting:

After:

It will be for sale, along with 3 other weird widgets, in the Skylites Products 2013 topic. And sorry, I never was able to get to that keychain calc model. Sad
What's the anticipated sale price? Any other upcoming projects?
Those look awesome, CalebH! Nice work, and I definitely will try to get one of those.
Darn I would like one of those at one point. Also it would be cool if there was one with the O from Omni logo, although that might be very hard to pull off, since the O is pixelated. There would need to be something holding each part so that the O doesn't fall apart.
Elfprince: I'll try to keep the price as low as I possibly can, seeing as if I was buying one, I'd be willing to pay but a very low price. I estimate materials, shipping, and handling (prices out of my control) to be about $10. So the price minus that is the amount I get for my labor. I will be selling them, therefore, for about $15. And there will be upcoming projects - I hope that the wooden TI-83+ case will eventually be sellable - but this is all for this year, timed for the Christmas season.

Kerm: Thanks! And do! Very Happy

DJ_O: I'll post on Omnimaga about suggestions eventually; and an Omnimaga logo will probably be made.
Good to know! Thanks! =)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours