how do i get doom for the ti-84 c silver edition
Well, you can make it or wait for it to be made as it's not made yet (as far as I'm aware).
Do you mean the old wire-frame DOOM 83+ game that was all the rage may years ago?
Hi De, and welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, I don't think anybody has Doom up and running yet on the 84+CSE. However, zDoom appears to be open source, and the rendering requirements are cheap enough (mostly vertical lines) that it seems plausible you could port it over. This is even more likely if you run in the half-resolution mode that tr1p1ea has been experimenting with, in this thread.
I think that De L4 might have seen our demo of CGDoom on the Casio Prizm today at Maker Faire, and thought it was a TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition. Sadly, the TI-84+CSE is a much, much weaker calculator that the Prizm, CPU-wise, and a color Doom port is all put completely infeasible. A wireframe one, sure, but nothing with filled and textured walls.
can i just u the black and white zDoom for the ti-84+CSE instead?
De L4 wrote:
can i just u the black and white zDoom for the ti-84+CSE instead?
Sadly, no. Although the processor and memory inside the TI-84+CSE is exactly the same as the black-and-white TI-84+SE, the screen is very different. Someone would have to "port" the program to make it understand the new screen
If you don't feel up to the challenge of porting Doom, and nobody else gets around to it, you might also check out Calcuzap and Tetric A in the meantime. Both are great fun, and some of the early handful of single player games for the 84+CSE.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours