I have recently started as a developer on this game called AssaultCube Reloaded(ACR). It started as a fork of AssaultCube which is a fork of the original Cube. At this point though we are working on making it into more of it's own game. So far I haven't done too much other than tweak weapon damage/recoil, modify how grenades do damage, fix a seg fault, check memory leaks, and some linux compatibility issues. If anyone finds any bugs please post here or on the forums and the bug tracker, link below. Any issues or suggestions I'm glad to work on them.

http://assaultcuber.codeplex.com/ downloads and code
https://code.google.com/p/assaultcuber/issues/list bug tracker

Quote from the website of the original developer victorz http://acr.victorz.ca/
Quote:
AssaultCube Reloaded, formerly AssaultCube Special Edition, is a free-and-open-source first-person-shooter, created by the AssaultCube Reloaded Task Force to improve AssaultCube.

This game combines the best of all worlds. Realism from Battlefield, anti-cheat inspired by the Quake engine, perks from Call of Duty, mutators from Red Eclipse, and fast-paced gameplay with a low system footprint from AssaultCube and the Cube Engine.

These are just some of the numerous improvements from AssaultCube:

Ricochet shots (bouncing bullets)
Basic anti-cheat (ones that result in no false positives)
More new and different weapons, damage fades over distance
New, diverse game modes
Better voting system, admin votes don't veto directly
Improved radar, shows explosions and shotlines
Visual obituaries (killfeed), making it easy to see how somebody got killed
Spawn enqueue/dequeue; no need to spam the spawn button
Realistic gameplay
Vast improvements overall!

In part of our effort to make ourselves more distinct from the original AC(and fix some licensing issues) we are redoing most of the assets for the game so we would really appreciate any modelers or other artists to help out. We are replacing everything maps, sounds, models, and the 2d graphics.

I currently don't work on this much since I just started in college, but hopefully I can get back to working more on this in the next few weeks as I finish acclimating
I used to play AssaultCube a lot, actually. Really great to know it's not at the bottom of the attention list.
When I ever get to, i'd be glad to play, and really hope the progress continues :3

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours