from the post above, it looks like i was editing a source file, which is a regular ti basic program (i'm not sure why i felt the need to specify 'axe' in that post above) by selecting it from the OS' edit menu.
shmibs wrote:
from the post above, it looks like i was editing a source file, which is a regular ti basic program (i'm not sure why i felt the need to specify 'axe' in that post above) by selecting it from the OS' edit menu.
That's interesting. Shock Doors CS does not and (to my knowledge) cannot intercept editing from the OS's edit menu, and therefore cannot let you edit archived programs directly from the OS's edit menu. I want to track this bug down, though, so I appreciate your patience in helping my brainstorm it. It's one of the last few bugs on my to-do list.
hmm, i guess i must have been running the program from the homescreen and then using goto error (which happened every time because the first line of an axe source program is not valid basic syntax) to edit it, then.

anyways, i'll see if i can find some semi-dead batteries and reproduce it.
shmibs wrote:
hmm, i guess i must have been running the program from the homescreen and then using goto error (which happened every time because the first line of an axe source program is not valid basic syntax) to edit it, then.

anyways, i'll see if i can find some semi-dead batteries and reproduce it.
That would be greatly appreciated, thank. Smile I look forward to hearing what you discover.
I don't know if this is a bug with DCS, but I was editing my TI-Contours program at school and when I exited the editing screen, It was gone. It completely disappeared from my calc. I'm glad I had a version backed up on the computer. If this is a bug with DCS, I hope you can fix it. I don't want this to happen with any of my other TI-Basic programs. I have DCS7.2b2.
Did you have enough RAM? What other factors may have contributed to this error?
I'm not sure. I have all of my programs archived. That might be a factor.
I have found a bug that I don't think has been reported yet. I was actually surprised that this is a bug and I believe it is totally an OS issue:

Also, if you press [2nd] on the crash screen (informing you that the calc just crashed), the DoorsCS7 start menu thingy pops up and the calc is frozen there.
I tried that first without DCS, it produced a Syntax Error. Did it with DCS, caused it to run for a few seconds then crash.

Guessing the 'run from homescreen' function doesn't have a checker to see if you put non letters/numbers after that token.
Well, it happens to be that prgmseq( is one of the OS hidden programs and I found that zStart, DoorsCS7, and Grammer all ignored which tokens were used (so they can run programs that have lowercase letters, too). I was expecting it to go into a recursive loop and have a memory error, but it also crashes zStart.
Xeda112358 wrote:
Well, it happens to be that prgmseq( is one of the OS hidden programs and I found that zStart, DoorsCS7, and Grammer all ignored which tokens were used (so they can run programs that have lowercase letters, too). I was expecting it to go into a recursive loop and have a memory error, but it also crashes zStart.

It also crashes without any of those programs installed...

Would you mind elaborating on this "hidden program" thing?
Umm, the OS throws an error, normally, so it shouldn't crash if you have nothing installed. zStart persists through RAM clears, so maybe that is still installed?

When you type on the homescreen, you are basically editing a special type of program. When you press [Enter], the OS runs it as a BASIC program with different permissions (you cannot use some programming commands, but you can also use certain commands and syntax not allowed in regular programs). When you search for programs in Assembly, it is listed in the VAT as a program, as well as another (I think it is an exclamation point as its name or something).
Xeda112358 wrote:
Umm, the OS throws an error, normally, so it shouldn't crash if you have nothing installed. zStart persists through RAM clears, so maybe that is still installed?

zStart alone does not cause crashes on prgmseq(, and still throws a syntax error.
I find that the OS generates a syntax error, while DCS crashes only if the ParserHook is enabled. The issue is that the OS passes prgmseq (that is, prgm#) to any ParserHook, and it must then find the actual program name. In this case, prgm# was pointing to prgm#. Doors CS's Parser Hook now notices and avoids this case.

Any new bugs for me to solve? I want to get Doors CS 7.2 done ASAP.
DoorsCS gave my car bad gas mileage, gave Merth bad gas, and caused Eve to eat from the tree of knowledge. I hope these aren't too difficult to fix, and are done within the hour.

On a side note, it's been looking great Smile I'm super eager to see a start to a CSE version.
Oh, I was working on a contest entry and taking advantage of the libs provided and there was an issue with one of the PicArc routines. It says in the documentation that it isn't fully implemented yet, but identity(9) (BoxShift) wasn't working to shift a portion of the screen up. I didn't test any of the other directions for fear of a RAM clear, but since I really wanted that function, I made a quick hex code for that specific case. As well, the GuiMenu command wasn't working for me. It wasn't jumping to labels and it wouldn't return a number. Instead, it just threw an error, which is why I was made my own menu routine using the BoxShift command Razz It did display the options correctly, though.

I think the box shifting coordinates I supplied were:

Code:

identity(9,1,26,10,36,4,2,6,0)

that should shift an 80 pixel-wide box starting at (x,y) coordinates of (8,26) and 36 pixels tall, up 6 pixels shifting in white pixels 9with no LCD update).
well, i have found an (mabey old) bug:

every time when DCS7 is garbage collecting my calc freezes and sometimes i must reinstall the os...
Xeda: It one point BoxShift would only shift in one or two directions. I think that geekboy might have removed it entirely to help save space, but I'm not sure. I definitely wouldn't depend on it.

alex99 wrote:
well, i have found an (mabey old) bug:

every time when DCS7 is garbage collecting my calc freezes and sometimes i must reinstall the os...
Garbage collecting when? After a program runs and Doors CS re-archives it, or something else? What OS version? Can one of you guys please try to make DCS perform a Garbage Collect and see what happens?
well when it archives it sfter running...
it happens to me when i´ve played zMegaman 4 times Sad ...
alex99 wrote:
well when it archives it sfter running...
it happens to me when i´ve played zMegaman 4 times Sad ...
Do you see the Garbage Collecting... dialog box before it crashes? Or the OS Garbage Collecting... message? Or neither? Which DCS version are you running?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 33 of 40
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours