I want to test GlassOS with WabbitEmu but I cant figure out how. I've searched the forums and the internet but still cant find anything on how to do it. Can someone please tell me how?

(°o°)<(hello world)
I haven't released any new 8xu's from GlassOS yet. The prizm is fun and I haven't touched GlassOS since the day my prizm arrived Wink

In WabbitEmu, go to Help -> Setup Wizard. Running through that, you need to have it generate a ROM for the ti84+SE. When it asks if it should download a TI OS or other, browse to the GlassOS 8xu and select it. It should happily generate a .rom for you and GlassOS should boot up.

(I will revise this post at a later time, I don't have WabbitEmu running right now :-S )
* necro *

I tried this a few months ago - sending GlassOS to my Wabbit system, and I couldn't get it to work. Here are my repro steps to the best of my recollection:
1) Create new ROM from dumped certificate and latest GlassOS 8xu.
2) View menu that says "GlassOS needs to format the filesystem, Press Enter now".
3) Press Enter. The screen should flash to detecting the number of RAM pages the calc has, then go right back to "GlassOS needs to format the filesystem".

I'm using the 64 bit version of WabbitEmu on Codeplex. Do you know what's going wrong?
Hmm... What calc model are you using this as?
Where did you get the 8xu from?
(Also, any crashing there is an error with the flash commands. Make sure that your WabbitEmu.exe is up-to-date as older ones didn't support all flash commands)
I was using it as an 84 Plus Silver Edition, and I got the 8xu from the Cemetech archives. And it isn't crashing - just resetting.
Ah. I haven't touched the archives. The only reason it is up there was because that was a pre-release before my initial sourceforge release. You can find the not-so-latest at glassos.sf.net.
Thanks, AHelper. I'll try it out.

BTW, on the site glassos.sf.net, the only link that works is the SourceForge link (which takes me to the project page). Out of curiosity, does GlassOS come with anything preinstalled, or do I need to get other tools to put stuff on there?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours