" "->Str 1
While W=1
Getkey->K
If K And (Frac (K/10)<.7) And F<E And K<>44 And K<>51 And K<>41 And K<>31
Then
Int (K/10)->A
7-A+1->B
K-(A*10->C
Str 1+StrMid("ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ ",(B+6(C=5)+12(C=4)+15(C=3)+20(C=2)+25(C=1)),1->Str 1
Locate 1,4,Str 1
F+1->F
RanList#(20
IfEnd
If K=31
Then
StrMid(Str 1,2)->Str 1
Locate 1,6,Str 1
2->W
IfEnd

WhileEnd

At this point, I just need it to slow DOWN. Geeze it detects key presses for long time, I have to very quickly tap a key just to get one, so I added in the RanList#(20. Going to increase it a bit at a time, see if I can't get it fixed. That's the only thing holding this up from a full release. Very Happy

Once I get it to where it works better, I'll get it in the Archives with some documentation on how it all works.

Edit:

oooh, right, I want to implement a way to delete letters too. Shouldn't be too hard, just need to look into more of the Str commands that the Prizm has.
I'm guessing this is a program that takes key input and outputs/stores text? If so, cool Smile can you explain it more, for people like me who do not understand that code above?
First it takes the key pressed, and turns it into a number from 1-27, where 27=space. Next, it selects the corresponding character A-Z and space, and displays it.
I will once I have it perfected. Smile Just got a tiny bit more to add, and it should be ready to go.

On a side note for myself for in the morning:

Code:
StrLen(

Returns the amount of characters inside of a string

StrLen("<string>"

Edit:

Also need to see about optimizing a bit, see if the Prizm has a form of Max( to consolidate some of those K<>##s. Also, Kerm noted K-(A*10->C can be shortened.

Anyone else see any optimizations?
File can now be found here:

http://tifreakware.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=130

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/prizm/Key2Text.zip

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours