Hey there,this is Mark,glad to join this forum and glad to meet you here,I look forward to getting some inspiration and getting to know all of you.
Hey Mark! Glad to have you here. Do you do any programming, specifically for calculators or computers?
What about interests outside of school? Or anything else you want to share?
mark520 wrote:
Hey there,this is Mark,glad to join this forum and glad to meet you here,I look forward to getting some inspiration and getting to know all of you.
Spambot gogogo. Check out that signature. Razz

Travis, that would be nice.
Heh, I coudn't tell since I was using c6m. Razz
souvik1997 wrote:
Heh, I coudn't tell since I was using c6m. Razz
No problem, I think that _player might have been doing the same. Wink Bot cleaned up.
Yup, that's what I was doing too Razz Thanks for the catch
I am Travis and my screen name is tcthebear. I like doors... Very Happy
Well, that wasn't quite the long introductory post I was expecting... Razz What programming languages do you know? Any hobbies outside of calc stuff? What grade are you in? Etc, etc.
tcthebear wrote:
I am Travis and my screen name is tcthebear. I like doors... Very Happy
I'm glad to hear that you like Doors CS! Do you write TI-BASIC and/or z80 assembly, or other languages, including computer languages? What brings you to Cemetech's fair shores?
Greetings ,
I do not code , at least I have not in any meaningful way , since contriving subroutines for Programmable Integrated Circuits as a student exercise , using the machine code instruction set entered in octal or hexadecimal format into the PIC's memory. I had occasion to contrive algorithms in Basic as a course of study. I have somewhere a small utility I wrote for the TI-81 calculator for doing Integration using Simpson's method of numerical approximation. It allows one to enter a function into each of it's four registers , selecting any two and then add or subtract one from the other. It is not a substitute for thinking since some results will be nonsense - you must know which. If I can find it again I will upload it for posterity.

If you wonder how old I am , let's just say I remember when men wore wide brim felt hats and women wore linen gloves. I still have my slide rules though have not used them in ages. Two typewriters,
an 8 track tape cartridge player and tapes , a record turntable and records , a hundred year old working brass microscope in near mint condition. Consolidated Edison still provided D.C. ( Direct Current ) to my previous apartment and I had appliances that could run on that. Where I am now still has cotton asphalt insulated wiring. But now It's all A.C. I remember the first transistor radio by Sanyo $ 170 , the first digital watch by Hamilton $ 2500 , the first portable "pocket" ( the size of a book ) Inch and a half screen , black and white television by Sinclair Microvision $ 400 , the first arithmetic electronic pocket calculator by Casio $ 25. My father remembered when electric lighting was first installed in the rural town where he was a boy , and an office with telephones for public use opened , if you wanted to text somebody back then , you sent them a telegram. Gold coins were still in circulation and there were fewer states. He and a friend together bought the first consumer electronic item that existed , it was called a radio set , manufactured by Marconi $ 150 , this when a weekly salary was around $14 for a 10 hour six day week. Since the onset of the personal computer in the mid 1980's one now gets 25000 times more value for the money , validating Moore's law. $1000 dollars buys you computing power that beats the Cray machines of twenty years ago that were only available for defense work and never exported. I recently acquired an Oscilloscope on E-Bay for $ 200 made by Hewlett Packard ( now known as Agilent ) that sold new in 1985 for $ 28,000. It too was subject to export control back then.

Who says one can't do world class computation on a personal computer? Personal computers are becoming silly powerful. Most people still use them for mundane applications such as word processing , a task for which machines were already overpowered 15 years ago.

http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/files.php?pid=171614&aid=9866&ext=.png
Franklyn, welcome to Cemetech! It's great to have as experienced an engineer as yourself with us, and I'd love to hear more about the technology you have used in your day, as I'm fascinated with the history of the field. I recently graduated with two degrees in Electrical Engineering and am working on a PhD now, so I of course share your excitement about the power and cost of modern computing hardware, although I'm sure I appreciate it less than you, having started with a 66MHz 80486 computer as my first machine. I also hope you can find that TI-81 program of yours!
Alright I'm going to introduce myself

I code in BASIC on my ti-84 plus calculator

On computers I code in C++, java, and a bit of action script 3

Recently my school started using Alice 2.2 to have girls come and register for classes (such a stupid program)

making tower defense in alice now

I used Doors CS 7.0 for about 4 months and had few problems with it like crashing my calculator from time to time and unable to archive TI-84+
LordCorvin, welcome to Cemetech once again. Luckily your problems are thanks to the TI-OS version you're using rather than Doors CS, as far as we can tell; take a look at the thread you started for further details on that. I'm only familiar with Alice as an AI built in a markup language called AIML.
Carnegie Melon university created and working on Alice and it's open source
it has a webpage alice.org

Thanks for your support Very Happy
Im really new to programming. I needed a graphing caculator last year as a freshmen for my math class. My dad got me a ti-83 plus. I saw the programming button and learned through online guides how to do ti basic. I keep on trying to do assembly language but I can never get it to compile. I have searched many guides, but I still can not figure it out. So thats kind of what brought me here. Besides ti, I also bought a book on how to program C, so im learning that.
Very fun! Any hobbies outside of programing? We'll love to teach you and guide you through any ASM hurdles; relatedly you can post a help topic in this linked category and browse the three existing topics.
bkula wrote:
Im really new to programming. I needed a graphing caculator last year as a freshmen for my math class. My dad got me a ti-83 plus. I saw the programming button and learned through online guides how to do ti basic. I keep on trying to do assembly language but I can never get it to compile. I have searched many guides, but I still can not figure it out. So thats kind of what brought me here. Besides ti, I also bought a book on how to program C, so im learning that.
Welcome to Cemetech, bkula; it's great to have you with us! We have many avid C programmers here, and scads of z80 assembly programmers of every skill level who would be more than happy to assist, so please feel free to dive into some topics, or making your own topics, plus chatting with us on SAX, that little chat widget on the left side of every Cemetech page. As ComicIDIOT said, what else do you enjoy? And on a selfish note, do you use Doors CS 7?
You could use the Doors CS SDK, which can compile asm source into 8xp files on Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X.
souvik1997 wrote:
You could use the Doors CS SDK, which can compile asm source into 8xp files on Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X.
Thanks for the vote of support, Souvik. Smile I hope that he does indeed end up using it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 35 of 148
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours