KermMartian wrote:
Eeek, I don't want a smelly calculator. Razz How do memory, processor speed, and processor model compare? Also LCD resolution?

It goes away after a few days
Razz

Memory: 16 MB User ROM, 61 KB User RAM, 32 MB ROM total.
LCD: 216x384
Processor speed: Thought to be 29 MHz in regular mode, but can be overclocked to 116 MHz.
Processor model: I can't recall the model off of the top of my head, but it's not the faster DSP model.
I really hope that doesn't mean that you can only have 33KB apps (at most) because of that 28KB header. Sad Are "add-ons" run from ROM like Apps?
KermMartian wrote:
Are "add-ons" run from ROM like Apps?
They're stored in ROM, but it seems like they're copied to RAM memory when running - probably a section of RAM that's beyond those 61 KB.
JosJuice wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
They're stored in ROM, but it seems like they're copied to RAM memory when running - probably a section of RAM that's beyond those 61 KB.
Ah, that would be interesting to find out more about. I tried looking for some information on the Prizm Wiki, but I was disappointed to see that it doesn't have much content yet. Sad
KermMartian wrote:
JosJuice wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Ah, that would be interesting to find out more about. I tried looking for some information on the Prizm Wiki, but I was disappointed to see that it doesn't have much content yet. Sad

Er, well that's the result of my schedule's forced neglect. A good chunk of the stuff we know isn't posted yet.

But to answer your question, add-ins are written to memory at 0x00300000h and run from there.
Oh right, you already told me that, and I completely forgot. >_< Sorry about that. Does that imply that the actual RAM size is at least 3.15MB, then, or is the address space discontinuous?
Well, I'd guess that it's either discontinuous or that's the address of the virtual memory location. I think the latter is more likely though, seeing as how no one has reported two RAM chips.
Qwerty.55 wrote:
Well, I'd guess that it's either discontinuous or that's the address of the virtual memory location. I think the latter is more likely though, seeing as how no one has reported two RAM chips.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. I'm somewhat looking forward to getting my hands on one of these to help with the reverse-engineering effort, but I'm hoping it doesn't convince me to abandon my beloved TIs. Smile
Update: The OS appears to be encrypted with a MD5 hash. While it's disappointing that there's anything more than a simple checksum guarding it, it's not infeasible that the code could be cracked like with the Nspire.
Qwerty.55 wrote:
Update: The OS appears to be encrypted with a MD5 hash. While it's disappointing that there's anything more than a simple checksum guarding it, it's not infeasible that the code could be cracked like with the Nspire.
I think you mean *signed with an MD5 hash. Smile Since MD5 is a one-way hashing algorithm, allowing you to calculate the checksum of a message but ideally to not be able to deduce the message from the checksum, it can be used to secure but not encrypt data.
Er, yes, thanks. It'd be kind of hard to write an OS in 128 bits Razz
Qwerty.55 wrote:
Hehe, you could try. So basically, it just hashes the OS and checks the hash in order to make sure it hasn't been corrupted, not to enforce any security? That's excellent if so.
By the way, my Casio Prizm still smells after one month of usage.

Also Casio screwed up on OS 1.02.0200 release: they re-introduced the Locate bug that was in OS 1.01.0200, even though it was fixed in the other OS 1.02.0200 that was pre-loaded on calculators available in retail stores (those found online had 1.01.0200). In fact it's a double-screw-up because they made two OSes with the exact same version number...

Those who bought their calc brand new, factory-sealed, with OS 1.02.0200 pre-loaded on it, DO NOT UPGRADE!
KermMartian wrote:
Qwerty.55 wrote:
Hehe, you could try. So basically, it just hashes the OS and checks the hash in order to make sure it hasn't been corrupted, not to enforce any security? That's excellent if so.

Well, we have no idea what the boot code is like at the moment, so I can't give you a real answer to that. All I can say for certain is that the OS updater checks the MD5 hash of the OS.
Yay resources! What about that zip that may or may not have appeared in my inbox, is that ready for public release, or is it still under wraps?
I released it on Omni. I'll post it here when I'm done later.
Qwerty.55 wrote:
I released it on Omni. I'll post it here when I'm done later.
Sounds great. For the sake of my poor file server, may I hope that it's hosted externally? Smile
Yep. I also eliminated the insane 12 MB prizm3064 file to avoid intellectual property laws.
Qwerty.55 wrote:
Yep. I also eliminated the insane 12 MB prizm3064 file to avoid intellectual property laws.
Excellent, that must have roughly halved the size of that massive file. Smile For some reason, I think the thing that impressed me most about the sample Add-In in the zip file was that the two icon states made the eye that was the icon open and close. Smile
Some of the errors that can be generated by the AUX_DisplayErrorMessage() syscall. It takes an integer argument and generates these messages for each value. Execution of the program continues normally after EXIT is pressed.

Code:

1: "Break
   Press:[EXIT]"

2: "Syntax ERROR

3: "Ma ERROR

4: "Memory ERROR

5: "Go ERROR

6: "Nesting ERROR

7: "Stack ERROR

8: "Argument ERROR

9: "Dimension ERROR

10: "Com ERROR

11: "Transmit ERROR

12: "Receive ERROR

13: "Memory Full

14: "Undefined

15: "Overflow ERROR

16: "Out of Domain

17: "Non-Real ERROR

18: "No Solution

19: "Mismatch

20: "No Variable

21: "Not Found

22: "Application ERROR

23: "System ERROR

24: "Already Exists

25: "Complex Number
         In List

26: "Complex Number
         In Matrix

27: "Can't Solve!
   Adjust initial
   value or bounds.
   Then Try again.

28: "Range ERROR

29: "Time Out

30: "Condition ERROR

31: "Syntax ERROR

32: "Range ERROR

33: "Circulat ERROR

34: "No Real Roots

35: ----

36: "No Real Roots

37: "Version ERROR

38: "Card ERROR

39: "Card is protected

40: "Invalid Card

41: "No Card

42: "SD Card Full

43: "Storage Memory
      Full

44: "Data ERROR

45: "Invalid file name
   or folder name

46: "Data is protected

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 13
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours