No, I'd certainly care if I knew that, but I haven't done my own testing. And yeah, Flash is almost definitely to blame. I'm glad to hear that I have indeed picked the least of the evils.
With RAM prices these days, who really legitimately cares about using too much RAM?
allynfolksjr wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
But does anyone actually care about the ACID test? I would think that some kind of real-world usability, responsiveness, speed, and memory-usage test would be a far superior browser metric.

Agreed, which is why I run Firefox.

Oddly enough. That's why I *don't* run Furryfox.
That was completely uncalled for and really unneccesary. Firefox kicks IE in the balls when it comes to security, performance and customization.
Nothing to worry about, I think that he was just trolling Wink
allynfolksjr wrote:
With RAM prices these days, who really legitimately cares about using too much RAM?
Well, I care when the RAM usage is coupled with CPU usage that's making my wohle machine run slowly. Smile And Svenne, you fell for the trollbait. Razz
But IE still is the shittiest browser on the market (unless you count those weird browsers that nobody uses).
EDIT: Wait, there's a curse filter here?
Svenne wrote:
Wait, there's a curse filter here?
Yes.
Firefox is a steaming pile of crud. The Mozilla Foundation stopped caring years ago. They're at the same point Microsoft was with IE6. Firefox will have really poor releases for a few years now until either a) they shape up (from their track record, not likely), or b) Some other browser dominates.
Everybody knows you're trolling, stop trying.
It seems that "opinions svenne doesn't want to hear" is actually "trolling." Interesting. How much of the world do you base solely on your personal opinions and views?
allynfolksjr wrote:
Firefox is a steaming pile of crud. The Mozilla Foundation stopped caring years ago.
Can you give any examples of this, out of curiosity?
allynfolksjr wrote:

Oddly enough. That's why I *don't* run Furryfox.

Furryfox? I think I know a few girls who would like a soft and fluffy browser. Can you link it so I can recommend it?
merthsoft wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
Firefox is a steaming pile of crud. The Mozilla Foundation stopped caring years ago.
Can you give any examples of this, out of curiosity?

Here's one.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours