SaGa 3 (or "Final Fantasy Legend III") is being ported to the DS with 3D graphics and new gameplay features. Relevant link. A translation of the title might be something along the lines of, "SaGa 3: Champions of Time and Space - Shadow or Light."

SaGa 2 (or "Final Fantasy Legend II") was earlier ported to the DS; although, there has been no release outside of Japan so far. Much, much earlier, SaGa 1 (or "Final Fantasy Legend") was ported to Bandai's WonderSwan Color.

Those who remember the series back in the GameBoy days might be interested in these remakes. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there are any plans to localize them.

For those curious, SaGa 3 centers around an entity that appeared in several time periods, flooding each with monsters. Four youths uncover their binding destinies and traverse time in search of the source of this entity. It's pretty straightforward from there. The series tends to be pretty scarce on story development.
Sounds pretty awesome! I'm failing to click-through to the links, so I'll rely on you to relate whether the ports are by the original company or by third-parties.
Wow that's great! I hope they eventually release this in USA
I also heard that another one of the first games they're going to release for the Nintendo 3DS, is Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. And that they're going to give it some more content, and I believe upgraded graphics as well. I'd say I can't wait, but I'm probably not going to get a N3DS, so it doesn't much matter to me. But I am glad Nintendo's finally decided to update one of their best games they've made, IMHO.
meh, the thing that made ocarina of time so great(especially the gold pack) was all the little and not so little glitches throughout. any great game should have a couple of non-deadly glitches thrown in here and there to spice things up(think pkmn red and blue)

as for SaGa, that is most exciting
shmibs wrote:
meh, the thing that made ocarina of time so great(especially the gold pack) was all the little and not so little glitches throughout. any great game should have a couple of non-deadly glitches thrown in here and there to spice things up(think pkmn red and blue)

as for SaGa, that is most exciting
Which glitches are those? I wouldn't generally think of glitches as a positive feature of a game. Very Happy
I think it is best when games have as less bugs as possible, although some bugs can make them funny sometimes. It is better when things are fully working with a few easter eggs added here and there. I would post a Banjo Tooie easter egg example, but I don't want to get banned for adult content. Razz
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
I think it is best when games have as less bugs as possible, although some bugs can make them funny sometimes. It is better when things are fully working with a few easter eggs added here and there. I would post a Banjo Tooie easter egg example, but I don't want to get banned for adult content. Razz
Ah, and I think that's the important distinction to make, easter eggs vs. bugs. I'd consider unintentional quirks to be bugs and to be bad, whereas intentional quirks that are carefully-tailored to not potentially break gameplay in some unfortunate manner, ie easter eggs, are almost always fun.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours