With ichat, if you send someone a file, but they start the transfer, then log out. When they log back in later, will the file transfer continue?
ACagliano wrote:
With ichat, if you send someone a file, but they start the transfer, then log out. When they log back in later, will the file transfer continue?
I wouldn't expect it to, no. Razz
Not that I know of. No. Because it's on their end. Even if they are using iChat I think it won't do that. And if they are using iChat ask them why they aren't using Adium Smile
CDI wrote:
Not that I know of. No. Because it's on their end. Even if they are using iChat I think it won't do that. And if they are using iChat ask them why they aren't using Adium Smile
I'm not personally familiar with Adium, but as long as it's not made by Apple, then I'm happy.
No client can do that, at least on Apple. Because the connection was closed. Now, if there's an option to "Pause" the transfer, it may start up again as long as both parties are online and the files (on both your end and theirs) are still in their same locations.

I love Adium. I do. They really should switch to Adium.
comicIDIOT wrote:
No client can do that, at least on Apple. Because the connection was closed. Now, if there's an option to "Pause" the transfer, it may start up again as long as both parties are online and the files (on both your end and theirs) are still in their same locations.

Can you elaborate on what exactly you like about Adium over the default client? I definitely agree; I just want to get your opinion on the matter.
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

Can you elaborate on what exactly you like about Adium over the default client? I definitely agree; I just want to get your opinion on the matter.

The main reason I switched over to Adium first was because when I switched it was the only one to do googletalk on OS X. And then they kept adding more protocols and it was good. And it's more customizable. At least, that is why I use it anyway.
KermMartian wrote:
CDI wrote:
I'm not personally familiar with Adium, but as long as it's not made by Apple, then I'm happy.
Adium is basically a Mac port of Pidgin, its based on the same libpurple library that pidgin, finch, and meebo.com use.
CDI wrote:

Video chat would be one reason.

Not that I ever use iChat instead of Adium, since I have Skype for that, but it does have more powerful video-chat capabilities than Skype.
TheStorm wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
CDI wrote:
Adium is basically a Mac port of Pidgin, its based on the same libpurple library that pidgin, finch, and meebo.com use.
Ah, then enough said, I support that. Smile Thanks elfprince.
CDI wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

The main reason I switched over to Adium first was because when I switched it was the only one to do googletalk on OS X. And then they kept adding more protocols and it was good. And it's more customizable. At least, that is why I use it anyway.

I personally prefer using Trillian for Mac (now that it's in beta and has support for social networking). Not to sound like an ad, but you can learn more at trillian.im... While I don't have a Mac myself, my brother does; we used to use Adium on it before Trillian for Mac became a beta.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours