This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Nov 2011 10:30:08 pm    Post subject:

Due to widespread insanity among Minnesota drivers, I recently set up this pair of dash cams in the car (one forward, one backward). So far in the past week it's recorded a few careless drivers, a couple near-misses (near hits?), and tons of tailgaters. I think it would take at least 6 cameras totals for complete 360 coverage, but you can imagine how these would come in handy with the negligent drivers out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwh5CO84FQM

The cameras are twin DVR D011's with 16GB SDHC memories. Each one can hold up to 5 hours of avi's in 720p video. After that, it simply records over the oldest footage. The file integrity is glitch-tastic if you unplug while charging a lot, and the timestamp likes to reset to Jan 1st, 2008; for if you can avoid those things, I'd say it's money well spent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfJ4SXy2B6Y

Last edited by Guest on 07 Nov 2011 10:57:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xeda112358

Posted: 12 Nov 2011 09:33:53 am    Post subject:

'twould be useful, especially in a lawsuit >.>
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Nov 2011 12:53:57 am    Post subject:

Yep. I also ran across a youtube video a while ago where one guy had a camera pointed at his speedometer for that purpose (he got pulled over in the vid).

I just got an even smaller HD camera in the mail that might help solve the license plate-getting problem. I'll post some photos of it one I get it working.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Nov 2011 11:55:57 pm    Post subject:

Jeez! The spambots are all over these new threads.

Anyway, I almost captured a ridiculous road rage incident at midnight yesterday. Out of 2 cars, the lead one kept darting in front of the other to keep them from passing, and they kept repeating it for maybe a quarter mile. I would have followed them, but they were in the opposite lane. People need to chill out! Razz
Madskillz

Posted: 27 Nov 2011 03:09:10 pm    Post subject:

Ahhhh but we're Minnesota nice Digi. I love driving in the cities there are always at least one driver that irks me up there.
Xeda112358

Posted: 27 Nov 2011 04:30:47 pm    Post subject:

*spam posts deleted*
I sometimes wish I could get a video of my cousin-in-law driving x.x She has some issues when it comes to road rage and speeding that make me highly uncomfortable x.x
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement