This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Modifications => Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics
mitchba12

Posted: 10 May 2011 05:28:44 pm    Post subject:

When I downloaded usb8x for my 84+SE I was so happy that I could finally connect my flash drive to my calc. However, when I went to Best Buy to buy the proper adaptor, I found out from a nearby cleark that most all retail stores have discontinued the porduct. Now I have options, build my own by splicing two different adaptors together, or jerry rig it by connecting my calc-to-calc USB cable to a USB spliter that I found. First, I want to know if these are even possible, and second, I want to know how to do it if splicing is more practical. BTW, I know they can be found on the internet, but I don't trust it well enough to be purchasing anything online.
DrDnar

Posted: 11 May 2011 02:07:07 am    Post subject:

Yes, you can make your own. It isn't too hard, and requires a little soldering for best results. Basically, all you do is connect the wires with the same color. Make sure you have the right end of each cable.
habafflof

Posted: 27 Jun 2011 10:56:56 am    Post subject:

yeah, it's not that hard, you just got to get all the wires connected right. You should first check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usb There should be all the wirings for usb and mini usb. Also you might need a flash drive specially formatted, because not all formats are working on usb8x... I don't remember which one you need right now, check out the documentation.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement