This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 16 Dec 2003 06:14:20 pm    Post subject:

So "up" is relative, so if i stand on my hands, and throw a rock down, it will go up.

got any more strange logic?
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 16 Dec 2003 07:23:27 pm    Post subject:

Everything is relative to perspective, but this does not exactly make it truth.
Your eyes can decieve you, but your heart cannot.

--AlienCC
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 16 Dec 2003 07:55:17 pm    Post subject:

We all know objects want to move in a strait line, and they will unless some other force acts on them. However Einstein had another thought, all objects move in strait lines, and gravity (the force) bends empty space. The object travels through bent space in a strait line, rather than traveling in a curved path through normal space. There's some great brain food to get you through your day (the thought can entertain you for at least 2 or 3 periods of school).

edit:
Hehe cool it says I'm a member now. I think this is a good topic to pass the 100 posts mark with.

Last edited by Guest on 16 Dec 2003 07:56:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Dec 2003 05:20:20 pm    Post subject:

In Isaac Asimov's short story he described this as a flexible sheet of rubber which objects made indentations in and objects moved because of those indentations.
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 17 Dec 2003 07:09:49 pm    Post subject:

??? Maybe im slow but that made no sense. Please clarify...
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Dec 2003 07:12:38 pm    Post subject:

Jedd wrote:
??? Maybe im slow but that made no sense.  Please clarify...

It's just me being no good at explaining...

Suppose Earth was a marble on a rubber sheet. Then the moon would be a smaller marble, rolling around in the indentation left by the Earth marble. It was meant by Isaac Asimov as a metaphor for gravity.
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 17 Dec 2003 07:21:53 pm    Post subject:

Oh ok gotcha. Theres something like that in my physics book. Smart guys seem to always be named Isaac.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement