This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's z80 & ez80 Assembly subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Z80 & 68k Assembly => z80 & ez80 Assembly
FloppusMaximus

Advanced Member

Posted: 03 Mar 2011 10:59:25 pm    Post subject:

Well, that app is perfectly valid, if rather small. Are you using TI-Connect? It wouldn't surprise me at all if you've found yet another TI-Connect bug. I've heard of TI-Connect failing with very large apps, so I guess it makes sense that it should fail with very small apps as well.
SuspendedFour

Posted: 04 Mar 2011 01:16:22 am    Post subject:

FloppusMaximus wrote:

Well, that app is perfectly valid, if rather small.

By valid, do you mean that it works on your calculator?

And yes, I am using Ti-Connect. Is there another option?
FloppusMaximus

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 Mar 2011 11:03:04 pm    Post subject:

Yes, there are other options; there's TiLP (free software, cross-platform; supports all types of cables), and there's TI Graph Link (the original, official link program for Windows; supports only the old serial cables.) There were various other third-party link programs many years ago, but I don't think any of those ever supported Flash apps.

I didn't try sending it to a real calculator, but the signature is valid and I can send it to an emulator. Anyway, try just adding more stuff to the app. (Remember that regardless of how large the app is, it still effectively takes up 16384 bytes of Flash space.) If TI-Connect is causing problems for you, it will probably cause problems for other people as well.
SuspendedFour

Posted: 07 Mar 2011 06:36:15 pm    Post subject:

Well, making the program 4K bytes didn't work, and TiLP doesn't detect my calculator (USB cord). I guess it's time to call it quits. I think I'll just write a BASIC program to run my ASM games.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement