This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
kaleb500

Posted: 17 Dec 2010 12:22:43 pm    Post subject:

I have a new T-Nspire CAS touchpad. I've found that when I'm navigating a menu or sub-menu (such as the function template popup menu) with the arrow keys the cursor will sometimes stop responding and 'stick'. Holding down shift while clicking an arrow key remedies the problem for a bit, then it happens again. It seems to happen at random, and on occasion the cursor moves in the wrong direction to the arrow key pressed. I initially thought I had a faulty calculator, so got it replaced. But the replacement behaves the same. Is this a common problem? Or is there a dodgy batch of calculators (or maybe just the keypad)?

Thanks
Lionel Debroux

Posted: 26 Dec 2010 03:58:05 am    Post subject:

I've already read people finding it unpleasant to use the touchpad of the newer Nspire (CAS) models, because of imprecise movements, so I'm not surprised at your description.
It can be due to the cheap touchpad, to buggy software, or a combination of both.
calc84maniac

Elite

Posted: 26 Dec 2010 01:18:11 pm    Post subject:

From what I can tell, the touchpad acts as a single button. The touchpad is read to figure out which part of it was pressed. Already, you can see how this can lead to a lot of inaccuracy. Just to prove this, try pressing the very bottom of the touchpad (not touching the top surface). Nothing should happen. Then do the same thing while touching the upper part of the touchpad. It should act like the "up" key is pressed, even though you are pressing the bottom of the touchpad. The same thing works for any of the other directions, and even "click". TI, what have you done...
kaleb500

Posted: 26 Dec 2010 07:17:38 pm    Post subject:

Hmm maybe its just the way it is then. Pretty annoying to use if it is...
jaqueh

Posted: 16 Sep 2011 12:02:27 am    Post subject:

I cannot make a new thread for some reason so im just going to post my Ti nspire w/ CAS woes here:

I bought this calculator as a replacement for my ti89titanium that got lost in my school's 24 hour room on amazon because they were about 4x as cheap and 4x as fast and 4x as advanced, supposedly. This calculator really wants to be a computer, well that's why i bought a computer i guess, i really dont understand what the point of every gadget wanting to become a computer is. Nonetheless, I really need to figure out a way to disable the calculators pretty print input ability, and i haven't found where i can do that. I appreciate that on my 89 it gave me answers in pretty print format, but i really don't want to enter in a simple log or exponent in pretty print as it requires so many unnecessary steps with using the barely functional d-pad. For example, if i'm going to enter in (2^2)*4+9 i would enter it on my 89 exactly as i typed it, but on the nspire i need to hit 2^2*down arrow, make sure it isnt on the exponent line anymore, and then*4+9. HOW THE HECK CAN I MAKE THIS calculator behave like a calculator!?!? which is the reason i'm pretty sure why i bought it for!!!
Xeda112358

Posted: 16 Sep 2011 11:06:02 pm    Post subject:

Hmm, I know nothing of the nspire, but I would imagine there is a mode to remove pretty print input mode. Is there a way to disable pretty print?
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement