This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
Xeda112358

Posted: 04 Nov 2010 10:28:37 am    Post subject:

Okay, I have been getting rather bored around here with one or two posts every few days filtering through and I have been meaning to make an RPG now that I have some assembly skills. I was going about the process when I realised that I like to make everything in parts. I like to make the battle engine and then I like to make everything else based around that. In the end is when I like to add in all the fun animations. I figured that an RPG that has parts contributed by the community ought to be fun and it could liven some things up. Plus, it will expose us to other programming techniques and maybe help our programming.

So I wanted to start with a basic battle engine that relies on only a few stats (so health, attack defense, and maybe variations of those...) I will be making a version and it would be nice if other people contributed ideas. I just want to have fun with this. Plus, if you think of something to add, just pipe up or write your own code.

Also, feel free to mix assembly and BASIC. I plan to use my assembly experience especially for the graphics, later, and to store and recall stats.

Feel free to contribute!
Lionel Debroux

Posted: 24 Nov 2010 12:32:06 pm    Post subject:

Hello :)

You'd probably attract more people on message boards more active nowadays than UTI is, i.e. Omnimaga and Cemetech.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Nov 2010 02:03:42 pm    Post subject:

Hey! Are you stealing our thunder?

*Cavernous echo*

Uhhhh... Nevermind.
Xeda112358

Posted: 08 Dec 2010 01:49:29 am    Post subject:

Wha...? Was ist das? No, I just think it would be fun. I like UTI and I want to see it stand for something other than Urinary Tract Infection Razz Still, I don't actually have time on my side at the moment, so I won't be that big of a help. However, if I do manage to make SpriteLib into an app, I am pretty sure one of my example programs will be a mini RPG-ish styled game.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement