This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
colinb82

Posted: 01 Oct 2010 10:23:53 pm    Post subject:

I was just messing around with my new Nspire, and installed OS 1.1 or whatever. After doing this though, I noticed if I turn off my Nspire with the "off" button, the screen fails to come back on whenever I turn it back on. I know the Nspire is on because it makes a USB noise when connected and I can take a snap shot through my connect software. So then I have to take out the batteries again, and it works, until I push the off button.. then..no more screen. Someone please help me, I am getting very frustrated because I jsut got this today and it's already broken.
jhgenius01

Posted: 01 Oct 2010 10:30:43 pm    Post subject:

Colin wrote:

I was just messing around with my new Nspire, and installed OS 1.1 or whatever. After doing this though, I noticed if I turn off my Nspire with the "off" button, the screen fails to come back on whenever I turn it back on. I know the Nspire is on because it makes a USB noise when connected and I can take a snap shot through my connect software. So then I have to take out the batteries again, and it works, until I push the off button.. then..no more screen. Someone please help me, I am getting very frustrated because I jsut got this today and it's already broken.

this is normal when you install os1.1 clickpad. you have to take the batteries out every time you want to tur it on. also try the brightness contrast controls
colinb82

Posted: 01 Oct 2010 10:39:43 pm    Post subject:

Ok but I don't wanna. I want my old OS back, but now I can't find anywhere to get it Sad Sad I just wanted to play some stupid gameboy games. I downloaded Ndless and it didnt work. It just froze at the "connecting to USB" thing and never connected. This sucks.
Lionel Debroux

Posted: 02 Oct 2010 06:16:17 am    Post subject:

Quote:
After doing this though, I noticed if I turn off my Nspire with the "off" button, the screen fails to come back on whenever I turn it back on

This is a well-known bug of newer Nspire calculators when running OS 1.1. The only thing you can do, if you're affected, is to install Ndless (try it multiple times) and use the "reset.tns" program. Prior to turning the calculator off, go to your documents, and pre-select it; this way, when you turn the calculator on, you can just press ENTER and the calculator will reboot, reactivating the screen.
colinb82

Posted: 02 Oct 2010 08:09:26 am    Post subject:

that would be cool if I could install ndless, but it just keeps saying "connecting to usb" and never does anything. I tried like 10+ times. Is this a common thing too?
apcalc

Posted: 02 Oct 2010 11:40:05 am    Post subject:

Are you using computer link 1.4?

If so, downgrade to 1.3.
colinb82

Posted: 02 Oct 2010 11:51:28 am    Post subject:

It says 2.2 on my computer link software. Hrrmmmm
jhgenius01

Posted: 19 Oct 2010 01:48:31 am    Post subject:

Colin wrote:

It says 2.2 on my computer link software. Hrrmmmm

2.2 that doesn't sound right, this is TI-nspire Computer Link 1.3 or 1.4

Also when i first installed ndless it stuffed up and i had to re install it a few times before it will work, this is pretty normal according to the ndless review on ticalc.org. anyway it's not worth it that much, because the batteries run out really quickly. I now test ndless on a emulator instead

but first download the right version of computer link here: http://education.ti.com/calculators/downloads/US/Software/Detail?id=6772
also make sure that you have ndless 1.1 (oops there's a new version now) here : http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/426/42626.html

Also once you want to change back what version of OS? you can easily get 2.0 and 2.1 from the education.ti.com website

Last edited by Guest on 19 Oct 2010 02:06:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement