This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Zargle

Posted: 09 Sep 2010 09:18:34 pm    Post subject:

It loads when I turn it on. When it finishes loading the operating
system, it reboots and loads again. This cycle just keeps repeating.
Replacing the batteries did not fix it.

And just adding... I did try and downgrade... I am on "1.1"

I started on 2.1 on the Newest Ti with keyboard... if that helps... PLEASE HELP ME FIX I can't connect it to the computer because it doesn't stay on long enough... PLEASE HELP

I believe I am using the non cad... It's the newest TI-nspire I don't know which one that is...

Additional Details
I tried that hold "P" (assuming the letter on the keypad) "Enter" and HOME *WHICH Is the on button too* is that right or am i doing it wrong... that seems to be the only option I see....

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYTHING WILL HELP
jhgenius01

Posted: 09 Sep 2010 11:19:58 pm    Post subject:

i had this problem. but differenetly. do you have a touchpad? if so then installing os1.1 was a very bad idea, as endlessly rebooting is a consequences. if you really want ndless (as that is probably the only reason for installing os1.1) you need a clickpad to install it and then continue using that clickpad for ndless. dont worry ExtendeD is working on a version that will work with os1.7. how i fixed my clickpad was to press home+enter+p+on and hold it until the loading bar is halfway and then delete the os, however i heard that this may not work for touchpads

ive google searched it's: doc+ee+enter+on

ok do you have a blue one? : it's the clickpad (older)_____Press and hold home+enter+p+on (in that order)
ok do you have a black one? :it's the touchpad (newer)_____Press and hold doc+ee+enter+on (in that order)

ok here go to my website here http://jhgenius01.webs.com/ticalcs.htm and tell me which one it is

Last edited by Guest on 09 Sep 2010 11:30:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zargle

Posted: 10 Sep 2010 04:24:07 pm    Post subject:

jhgenius01 wrote:

i had this problem. but differenetly. do you have a touchpad? if so then installing os1.1 was a very bad idea, as endlessly rebooting is a consequences. if you really want ndless (as that is probably the only reason for installing os1.1) you need a clickpad to install it and then continue using that clickpad for ndless. dont worry ExtendeD is working on a version that will work with os1.7. how i fixed my clickpad was to press home+enter+p+on and hold it until the loading bar is halfway and then delete the os, however i heard that this may not work for touchpads

ive google searched it's: doc+ee+enter+on

ok do you have a blue one? : it's the clickpad (older)_____Press and hold home+enter+p+on (in that order)
ok do you have a black one? :it's the touchpad (newer)_____Press and hold doc+ee+enter+on (in that order)

ok here go to my website here http://jhgenius01.webs.com/ticalcs.htm and tell me which one it is

It was the one with the Doc+ee+enter+on how do I select the option hitting the number 2 for 2. Delete Operating System didn't seem to work, so I did 4 which was format... That seemed to work.

It's the touchpad TI-nspire: http://jhgenius01.webs.com/texas_instruments_ti-nspire_touchpad.jpg

except mine is navy blue if that mean's anything.

And would there be anyway to put a game like Mario or other games on my calculator? If I install 1.7 would it work?

Last edited by Guest on 10 Sep 2010 04:25:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
jhgenius01

Posted: 10 Sep 2010 11:15:09 pm    Post subject:

sorry ndless won't work on a touchpad. im really sorry but that's ti's fault. all the protection on the new touchpad. and also the arrow keys would be hard to map. if you REALLY want to play gbc and gb games 2 things
1. get a clickpad. you need it to play gbc games and install ndless
2. wait until a better version of ndless comes out, one that works with 1.7. i hate os1.1 too it has a bad power bug on my calc. however im not sure if you can install 1.7 on a touchpad.
3. play it on the computer. you can emulate the calculator (reply if you want to know how to do this) or get vbc (visual boy advance) that plays gbc, gb and also gba games.
4. you can find lots of other good games (but not nearly as good and graphical on ticalc.org -> archives -> ti-nspire -> ti-nspire basic games

hope that helped.

Last edited by Guest on 10 Sep 2010 11:17:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lionel Debroux

Posted: 11 Sep 2010 12:52:31 am    Post subject:

You can install OS 1.1 on a model sold as Touchpad, but you need to use a Clickpad keyboard (which can be bought from TI for around $10).
jhgenius01

Posted: 11 Sep 2010 06:49:07 pm    Post subject:

made a mistake there
Quote:
sorry ndless won't work on a touchpad

it can if you follow one of the two options above
xtjacob

Posted: 17 Dec 2010 12:31:40 am    Post subject:

jhgenius01 wrote:

sorry ndless won't work on a touchpad. im really sorry but that's ti's fault. all the protection on the new touchpad. and also the arrow keys would be hard to map. if you REALLY want to play gbc and gb games 2 things
1. get a clickpad. you need it to play gbc games and install ndless
2. wait until a better version of ndless comes out, one that works with 1.7. i hate os1.1 too it has a bad power bug on my calc. however im not sure if you can install 1.7 on a touchpad.
3. play it on the computer. you can emulate the calculator (reply if you want to know how to do this) or get vbc (visual boy advance) that plays gbc, gb and also gba games.
4. you can find lots of other good games (but not nearly as good and graphical on ticalc.org -> archives -> ti-nspire -> ti-nspire basic games

hope that helped.

The touchpad only works on OS>2.0
jhgenius01

Posted: 27 Jan 2012 05:22:07 am    Post subject:

Welcome wu zhen zhen
It is not a good idea to post in a topic that has already been inactive for over a year. I appreciate your friendliness, but in the future please post when you have something to contribute to the topic.
Xeda112358

Posted: 27 Jan 2012 02:38:13 pm    Post subject:

I am going to leave it there, but it seems spambotish (there were 3 other posts saying the same exact thing in other old topics). If it attracts more spambots, I'll delete it.

EDIT: It attracted a spambot.

Last edited by Guest on 28 Jan 2012 07:02:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement