This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Lego

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 08 Sep 2010 07:55:40 am    Post subject:

Well today i've read this Article: http://psgroove.com/?p=404 PSGroove Successfully Ported to TI-84+/SE

So now we need some USB experience to geht this one also working on Nspire Very Happy
Would be funny to hack an PS3 with an hacked Calculator^^

Well i've attached the sourcecode from PSGroove for TI-84+, so that you don't need to register on the original page to read the source.
calc84maniac

Elite

Posted: 08 Sep 2010 12:38:33 pm    Post subject:

Lego wrote:

Well today i've read this Article: http://psgroove.com/?p=404 PSGroove Successfully Ported to TI-84+/SE

So now we need some USB experience to geht this one also working on Nspire Very Happy
Would be funny to hack an PS3 with an hacked Calculator^^

Well i've attached the sourcecode from PSGroove for TI-84+, so that you don't need to register on the original page to read the source.

Are you volunteering? ;)

Seriously, though, we haven't tried anything yet with TI-Nspire USB. Not even anything normal, much less this crazy hack.
jhgenius01

Posted: 09 Sep 2010 01:28:24 am    Post subject:

i dunno, it should work with the emulation mode, shouldn't it?
Lego

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 09 Sep 2010 07:21:09 am    Post subject:

calc84maniac wrote:

Seriously, though, we haven't tried anything yet with TI-Nspire USB. Not even anything normal, much less this crazy hack.

Well its not that crazy, i guess its easyer then transfering files, because you "just" need to control the controller so that it creats some usb devices with special ids.

jhgenius01 wrote:

i dunno, it should work with the emulation mode, shouldn't it?

Nope, the Emulator in the TI doesn't emulate every function of the USB Controller just the basic ones to transfer files.

Last edited by Guest on 09 Sep 2010 07:24:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Lionel Debroux

Posted: 10 Sep 2010 12:53:16 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Well its not that crazy, i guess its easyer then transfering files,

Definitely not ;)

Quote:
because you "just" need to control the controller so that it creats some usb devices with special ids.

This is precisely the hard part, because we have zero documentation about the USB controller Smile
Lego

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 10 Sep 2010 08:20:20 am    Post subject:

Lionel Debroux wrote:
This is precisely the hard part, because we have zero documentation about the USB controller Smile

well shure i know, that we don't have any documentation^^
But i guess its easyer then transfering files because we don't need to implement any transfer protocol or something like this, we just need the connect part of the usb standard^^
ExtendeD

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 10 Sep 2010 11:00:05 am    Post subject:

But we have documented the whole Computer Link protocol on Hackspire, and the protocol-related OS calls won't be to hard to find. I suppose using it or extending it from within the TI-Nspire will be much easier than figuring out how the USB controller works.

Last edited by Guest on 10 Sep 2010 11:00:29 am; edited 1 time in total
calc84maniac

Elite

Posted: 10 Sep 2010 08:27:56 pm    Post subject:

ExtendeD wrote:

But we have documented the whole Computer Link protocol on Hackspire, and the protocol-related OS calls won't be to hard to find. I suppose using it or extending it from within the TI-Nspire will be much easier than figuring out how the USB controller works.

I don't know about that... that's kind of like saying that PSGroove for 84+ could be done using only OS calls. Which it can't.
ExtendeD

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 11 Sep 2010 02:28:32 am    Post subject:

I know, I meant transfering files is probably easier than porting PSGroove.
calc84maniac

Elite

Posted: 11 Sep 2010 02:59:27 pm    Post subject:

ExtendeD wrote:

I know, I meant transfering files is probably easier than porting PSGroove.

Oh, I see. Yeah, I agree with you there.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement