This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
ut1238

Posted: 22 Aug 2010 07:10:35 pm    Post subject:

jhgenius01 wrote:

actually on second thoughts, the display may also be at fault

How is it at fault? You mean broken? It looks intact to me. The screen has no blemishes. Isn't it that when the display is at fault, the screen should show damages. But it looks immaculate.
jhgenius01

Posted: 22 Aug 2010 07:18:11 pm    Post subject:

i said the prospect of it working doesnt look good. anyway i think it is the internal circiutry that powers the display is not working. sorry about that.now do yow have a warantee? if you do then you could send it to TI for repairs.

Last edited by Guest on 22 Aug 2010 07:19:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
ut1238

Posted: 22 Aug 2010 07:25:24 pm    Post subject:

jhgenius01 wrote:

i said the prospect of it working doesnt look good. anyway i think it is the internal circiutry that powers the display is not working. sorry about that.now do yow have a warantee? if you do then you could send it to TI for repairs.

Apparently do not have the warranty. I guess I will have to open it myself to see what's going on in there. For goodness sakes, the calculator was made in March of 2008. It says on the back of the calculator. I just can't believe it would become like this only a few times use by the Radio Show.
ut1238

Posted: 22 Aug 2010 07:35:42 pm    Post subject:

I just want to clarify something. No matter what keypad you put it in, 84 keypad, clickpad, or touchpad. The screen won't turn on when you hit the on button. Like i said, I only see it when I use the Capture Screen on TI-connect using silverlink cable with 84 keypad.
jhgenius01

Posted: 22 Aug 2010 07:41:31 pm    Post subject:

im back needed to eat
wait, so what does the capture screen picture look like? blank?

Last edited by Guest on 22 Aug 2010 07:41:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
ut1238

Posted: 22 Aug 2010 07:53:14 pm    Post subject:

jhgenius01 wrote:

im back needed to eat

It looks like a TI-84 calculator except when you go to the About to find out information for the calculator it says:
TI-Nspire(tm)
TI-84 2.46 MP version.
jhgenius01

Posted: 22 Aug 2010 08:01:04 pm    Post subject:

ut1238 wrote:

jhgenius01 wrote:

im back needed to eat

It looks like a TI-84 calculator except when you go to the About to find out information for the calculator it says:
TI-Nspire(tm)
TI-84 2.46 MP version.

yeah, it's a hardware issue. I suggest you contact TI but you can try and fix it yourself a bit first.
ut1238

Posted: 22 Aug 2010 08:03:57 pm    Post subject:

jhgenius01 wrote:

ut1238 wrote:

jhgenius01 wrote:

im back needed to eat

TI-Nspire(tm)
TI-84 2.46 MP version.

yeah, it's a hardware issue. I suggest you contact TI but you can try and fix it yourself a bit first.

I called TI already. They said they can't do anything if the cltr+home+enter+on doesn't work. You should get an 84+ keypad to see what I am talking about.
jhgenius01

Posted: 22 Aug 2010 08:10:02 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I know what the ctrl+home+enter+on does. It opens a maintenance menu where you can delete the os or format the whole thing. Ive used it before. And maybe I should get an 84+ keypad. Can't get it right now though.
Goplat

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 22 Aug 2010 09:33:03 pm    Post subject:

Have you tried taking out the batteries, putting them back in again, and then trying to turn it on? Other than that, I don't know.
ut1238

Posted: 22 Aug 2010 09:43:39 pm    Post subject:

Goplat wrote:

Have you tried taking out the batteries, putting them back in again, and then trying to turn it on? Other than that, I don't know.

Yeah, I did. It still didn't turn on.
jhgenius01

Posted: 22 Aug 2010 10:15:22 pm    Post subject:

Goplat wrote:

Yeah i think i said that a while ago and if that doesn't work the only solution is to get a replacement. Try and get the warantee, it's a white booklet...
ut1238

Posted: 22 Aug 2010 10:19:07 pm    Post subject:

jhgenius01 wrote:

Goplat wrote:

Yeah i think i said that a while ago and if that doesn't work the only solution is to get a replacement. Try and get the warantee, it's a white booklet...

It's different here. You need to show the receipt that you bought it at a retail store to get it replace. And by the way, TI doesn't repair. They replace with a reconditioned item. TI told me that. Even with warranty.
jhgenius01

Posted: 22 Aug 2010 11:09:41 pm    Post subject:

oh i forgot that US warranty is different. Well that sucks
SPX

Posted: 05 Mar 2012 06:10:38 pm    Post subject:

Hey guys/girls,

I'm new to the forum and I know this will be a huge thread revival but I cannot start a new thread yet.

Here is my problem. I have a TI-nspire (non CAS version) and it has been a complete pain in the a.

Right now the calculator will not turn on at all. It won't even show the loading screen. I tried 3 sets of brand new batteries and the new batteries work perfect in my 83+ and 84+ silver edition. It seems like the batteries are not making a good connection. Is there any fixes for this? It is really frustrating because sometimes the TI-nspire will work flawlessly until I hit the enter button or move it. Then it will not turn on at all. I used to be able to fix it by pushing down the batteries and it would work perfect again... but now it will not turn on at all.

Also I forgot to mention that I live in Canada. I don't think I have warranty because I bought it out off a store that was going out of business and they said the calculator would be a final purchase with no warranty or returns.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Guest on 05 Mar 2012 06:12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xeda112358

Posted: 06 Mar 2012 09:59:49 am    Post subject:

Hmm, I had a similar issue with my TI-84+SE, actually. I am also pretty sure my case was a faulty connection because I could just wiggle the battery around at it worked fine again. It hasn't acted up in a while, so I did not make any modifications, but maybe you could play around with adding in some aluminum foil to make a more solid connection. You might want to fold it in half and place the shiny side on the outside, depending on the brand. (Some brands have a coating that might interfered with the connection a little more). You can also use it as a padding to keep the battery in place when you shut the battery compartment if that helps, too.

I hope that helps?
SPX

Posted: 07 Mar 2012 12:26:32 am    Post subject:

ThunderBolt wrote:

Hmm, I had a similar issue with my TI-84+SE, actually. I am also pretty sure my case was a faulty connection because I could just wiggle the battery around at it worked fine again. It hasn't acted up in a while, so I did not make any modifications, but maybe you could play around with adding in some aluminum foil to make a more solid connection. You might want to fold it in half and place the shiny side on the outside, depending on the brand. (Some brands have a coating that might interfered with the connection a little more). You can also use it as a padding to keep the battery in place when you shut the battery compartment if that helps, too.

I hope that helps?

Thanks for the help. My friend and I played around with the batteries pretty much the whole physics class and then it worked perfect for math class, then crashed again. I don't think it has anything to do with the switchable key pads, more the batteries.

I'll have to try adding aluminum foil to the batteries. I find it super frustrating because I love how the Nspire's keypad does logarithmic functions. Right now I'm back to my good old 83+. That calculator has been through hell and back and still works perfect... and the inspire hasn't been dropped once (yet). Also the guy sitting across from me has the inspire and his works perfect, never glitches or won't turn on... and he said he dropped it tons of times. Sad

Also I tried to update the calculator when I had it working. The new inspire's update is awesome but for some reason the 84+ keypad won't update. It keeps saying that there is no update for it...

Thanks again for the reply. Greatly appreciated.
Xeda112358

Posted: 08 Mar 2012 12:29:39 pm    Post subject:

Haha, no problem! I hope you can fix it! As for the software updates, the 84 is updated mush less often than the Nspire, now. I think the last update was almost a year ago, actually, so I do not think anything is wrong Smile
Bakery

Posted: 10 Mar 2012 12:28:31 am    Post subject:

Since SPX's problem has been solved, I'd like to use this thread for my problem:

My Ti-Nspire CX has stopped working. When I press the on button the screen doesn't show up

I have removed the battery and placed it back in, but with no success.
I tried connecting the calculator to my computer but it would not recognize it (Using the TI Software)
In about 15 minutes of charging, I've noticed that the back of the screen gets a little warm, don't know if this is relevant.

What is the problem?
Xeda112358

Posted: 10 Mar 2012 09:14:10 am    Post subject:

Wow, that I am absolutely not sure about. I will ask around to see if anybody else knows.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement