This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic Brain Teasers => TI-BASIC
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Aug 2010 04:48:33 pm    Post subject:

Time to commemorate the lucky 77th challenge! Have the user provide a number through Input or Ans, and then display it on up to seven 7-segment displays (you're free to do this however you like). For the sake of simplicity, I only expect integers from 0–9,999,999. Note: A bit of research may be extremely useful!

Last edited by Guest on 09 Aug 2010 04:54:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Builderboy2005

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 13 Aug 2010 03:00:34 am    Post subject:

Does setting up the graph screen coordinates count towards the total size? I currently have a (very unoptimized and probably sucky) 227 byte program
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Aug 2010 06:20:13 pm    Post subject:

Here's a rough sketch which steers from the guidelines slightly in that more digits are displayed:

[spoiler]DelVar XAns10^(-int(log(Ans→N
FnOff
ClrDraw
PlotsOff
ZStandard
84→Xmin
52→Ymin
ZInteger
While N
int(N
Line(X+1,8,X+3,8,Ans≠1 and Ans≠4
Line(X+4,7,X+4,5,Ans≠5 and Ans≠6
Line(X+4,3,X+4,1,Ans≠2
Line(X+3,0,X+1,0,Ans≠4 and 3≠abs(Ans-4
Line(X,1,X,3,Ans≠4 and not(fPart(.5Ans
Line(X,5,X,7,Ans≠7 and 1<abs(Ans-2
Line(X+1,4,X+3,4,3≠abs(Ans-4+not(Ans
10fPart(N→N
X+6→X
End
[/spoiler]
I'll try to work on a version that uses the next digit to select from a list a number that will decode bit-wise into the proper segments. This should play well with the clock functions, I think.

Last edited by Guest on 21 Aug 2010 06:28:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement