This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
darcus

Posted: 09 Jul 2010 07:35:42 pm    Post subject:

Hi

The Tinspire CAS is an ace calculator, the only problem is the poor contrast of the screen because the document pages use a shade darker than no colour at all.

I was wondering, is there a way of hacking it so, that we can have a stronger contrast between text and background? The contrast button works, but not in the sense I am looking for. I would like it so that there is no shading behind the text...

D
fb39ca4

Posted: 10 Jul 2010 01:24:37 pm    Post subject:

I don't get what exactly the problem is, could you post a screenshot?
darcus

Posted: 10 Jul 2010 04:37:33 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

What I mean is, that currently the screen looks like this:

I want it to look like this:

The contrast buttons do change this, but not to the extreme black of the text and no colour in the background I am looking for.

The nspire is a great calculator that helps me with the children I teach, but I am using my hp50g more and more because they (and I) find the screen unreadable at times.

Thanks
d
apcalc

Posted: 10 Jul 2010 05:22:53 pm    Post subject:

I don't think it is possible to make the contrast that great. Due to the nature of the LCD screen, the background cannot be that close to pure white. Sorry.
Lego

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 12 Jul 2010 03:35:12 pm    Post subject:

apcalc wrote:

I don't think it is possible to make the contrast that great. Due to the nature of the LCD screen, the background cannot be that close to pure white. Sorry.

Why not Oo
The Problem ist changing the OS, but the LCD can handle this high contrast between none color und full color.

Or did you mean that it just cant be white, because the screen itself is light grey?

Because i guess he means that the background of the Window isn't 0x00 its 0x04 or something like this.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement