This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
Rik

Posted: 17 Jun 2010 10:00:19 am    Post subject:

I have a problem, I have a sort of loading bar (in fact just a '|' without a ' ' before it. But I cannot let it continue on moving until the other text is displayed.
Example:

Code:
For(A,0,94
Text(0,A,"|"

Now, if I add an End, the loop ends before the other ones start.
If I don't add an End, the loop doesn't start.

The idea is an intro, with the 'loading bar' moving at the bottem, while the rest is moving.

Code:
For(A,0,94
Text(0,A,"|"
"Maybe an End?
The rest of the loading stuff.
Enter the program.

If I need to upload the whole program, thats no problem.

Can someone help me out with this?
calcdude84se

Posted: 17 Jun 2010 12:10:14 pm    Post subject:

Welcome to UTI!
It depends on what your doing, but it may be more practical to display the progress bar as based on how much loading is done rather than in its own For( loop. (I'm not completely sure how you want your progress bar, but it seems like you just want a '|' on the screen w/its horizontal position influenced on the current progress)
Since this requires a way to approximate current loading progress and is therefore somewhat code-dependent, I'll just come up with a relatively simple example. (Feel free to tell me more about what you're looking for if this doesn't help)

Code:
"This program looks at L1 from end to beginning and sets L1(X) to L1(X-1)*fPart(L1(X)/L1(X-1))"
For(X,dim(L1),2,-1
L1(X-1)fPart(L1(X)/L1(X-1->L1(X
Text(0,int(94(dim(L1)-X)/(dim(L1)-2)),"|"
End

I'm not sure how far right a '|' can go on the graphscreen, so I assumed ~93 or 94.
The third line just calculates how much out of 94 the current progress is, and puts the bar there.
Also, if the list is too small (under ~100 elements in this case), the progress bar might look somewhat strange. (Spaces)
Hope this helps!

Last edited by Guest on 17 Jun 2010 12:10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rik

Posted: 18 Jun 2010 08:02:14 am    Post subject:

Here is the program, I have put it in, without a result.
As you can see the "|" as a loading bar is just a fake, but it looks nice, since after the intro a hell of a program will come.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement