This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. 68k Calculator Basic => TI-BASIC
Henry

Posted: 02 Jun 2010 09:16:23 pm    Post subject:

Hey, I have been thinking about the limitations of the TI-84 in the way that after around E12, the ones digits lose their identity in a problem. In dealing with certain problems or equations, or say the Bernoulli numbers, those digits are needed when the size is reached. Is it possible to create a program which would use other methods of math operations to conserve the identity of the smaller digits after around E12?
calcdude84se

Posted: 03 Jun 2010 06:24:50 am    Post subject:

If this is for the 89, 89 Titanium, 92, 92+, 92 II, or Voyage 200, which the location of this post suggests, then these calculators can hold very high precision. If for some reason you are talking about the 83+, 83+SE, 84+, or 84+SE (or even the earlier 82 and 83), you can create an arbitrary precision program in BASIC, but it would be slow. If you're fine with using the help of ASM, somebody might draw up some code (probably not me).
Also, welcome to UTI!
Henry

Posted: 03 Jun 2010 03:42:34 pm    Post subject:

I actually am on the TI 84. And just discovered Cabamap! Its great, but want to learn how it works and improve it or at least make my own version of it. Sorry to lack such knowledge, but can one see the "code" of Cabamap (flash) or make an assembly program of my own on a mac?
calcdude84se

Posted: 03 Jun 2010 04:29:35 pm    Post subject:

okay, I asked a staff member to move this topic. Yeah, cabamap is nice, though the small number of operations and the non-programmability makes it less useful at times. The source should be a separate zipped file within the main one.
If you wish to start assembly programming but don't know much, you might want to read a tutorial. Assembly in 28 Days is a good one, though Hot Dog's TI-83 Plus Assembly for the absolute beginner may be more useful if you need more help. (A link to the omnimaga forum is in the description).
There are a variety of assemblers, though I don't use a mac and don't know what assemblers there are. You can search yourself or wait for someone more knowledgeable in z80 ASM programming on a mac.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement