This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 11 Dec 2003 01:49:18 am    Post subject:

I'm going to go to disneyland tommorow! Woohoo! I can't wait to ride thunder mountain railroad! Oh...what's that? It's closed because some idiot decided to die on that ride? Oh well...at least I have space mountain. WHAT?!?! That one's closed too?????! A renovation? What needs to be changed??? The ride is perfect!!! Frankly, I am MAD. Disneyland closed down the BEST ride in the world AND the second best in the park at the same time. (space mountain and thunder mountain....respectively) Oh well...I guess I still have the teapots...
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 12 Dec 2003 09:47:22 pm    Post subject:

um, I don't think the "some idiot" made a conscious decision to die there.
DmitriB

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 Dec 2003 01:15:17 am    Post subject:

dude i just wish that jeed had died on the other ride...but that is because i am plotting his demise since his first visit to the board.
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 14 Dec 2003 05:35:56 pm    Post subject:

thanks dmitri! i love you too! as for the "some idiot," that was just my sarcasm getting out of hand. i hope you enjoyed plotting my death!
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 15 Dec 2003 05:57:27 pm    Post subject:

Exactly. In the case of thunder mountain, that guy didn't have a choice, and he didn't do anything wrong. I can't even imagine being on the same train and seeing something like that happen. But in the past, there have been idiots that did kill themselves on rides. Someone died when they stood up on a ride and hit the top of the tunnel (i think it was matahorn) and someone else jumped out of the boat on splash mountain and got run over. Just plain stupid people if you ask me. Thankfully disneyland is dong everything they can to make the rides safer, and as accidents like this happen, the park can only get safer. I just thank God only one person died.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement